Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an SCT tuner for my 11 3.7. Does it take time for a new tune to settle? I had a tune that came on the tuner and after about a week it seemed to hit the gears harder, chirping second about 20% of the time (auto 2.73 gears BTW). The new flash I had the new company (Not where I originally bought the tuner from) punch up shifting as hard as it goes. At 80% throttle it nails the gears, at 100% it shifts very quickly, but doesnt seem to do it hard. It also revs a bit higher now before shifting. Also I seemed to have lost some TQ off the bottom, as it would before light em up a little.
Is there learning that needs to be done before all the benefits of a new tune are realized?

J

·
0 Posts
Interesting... what are the 2 different companies that wrote your tunes for you?
The other variable is the Mustangs computer learns from your driving style and makes it's own adjustments over time based on how it is driven. Mine seems to go softer after retuning, probably because my wife drives the car more than me.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the tuner itself from UPR products, the new tunes are from BAMA. I'm on the 87 performance tune from them and had them punch up shifting firmness to that of their race tune. I was under the impression that the car learns it parameters as more time/miles are on the tune. I love the tune, it rips on the mid-top end. I just want it to break loose second when wide open.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it seems as if I am right, it has some learning to do...I hope you guys are right! I cant wait until it reaches its full potential!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts