Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody seen it. ol george charging the redcoats in his challenger, and the redcoats turn tail and run. great commercial all and all. what a hoot. challenger is a nice car but its a boat. love my stang more tho.:smoke:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, and maybe show the redcoat general turning tail in his camaro and getting run down by paul revere in his 5.0!!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
:smoke: Excellent commercial, but not a fan of the Dodge.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Loved the commercial. +1 to george washington for belting up.

Someone over at jalopnik.com said "the Aston Martins were hiding in the treeline waiting to pounce". Heh..

·
Registered
566 Posts
didnt a french company buy out dodge?

·
Registered
237 Posts
:eek:hknow

For some reason, I thought George Washington was involved with the government in some way.
OK? He was also involved with the Constitution, which definitely does not permit the government meddling in private enterprise. Your viewpoint of history seems shockingly limited. :nogrinner

Chrysler is majority owned by a Fiat, an Italian company, has a Diamler chassis designed by MB, and built in Canada. To say it's American is frankly an insult and makes me throw up in my mouth a little. :bounce2:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yeah, nothing is truly American anymore.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Y'know, if you stop and think about it, "America" has always just been a collection of foreign imports. Where did your ancestors come from? :shigrin (and don't try to be smart and pull any "native American crap", they came over on the land bridge in Alaska).

~HA

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
i liked it :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if i remember correctly the french presented us with a gift to commemorate our alliance that defeated the british in the revolutionary war. its called THE STATUE OF LIBERTY. also good ol george enlisted the help of a french general to whip the colonial army into shape.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
OK? He was also involved with the Constitution, which definitely does not permit the government meddling in private enterprise. Your viewpoint of history seems shockingly limited. :nogrinner
Hahahahah :laugh:

I believe your original statement was:
Not sure George would be so proud of driving a car built by a government run company

If my shockingly limited viewpoint of history serves me correctly, many sources seem to tell me that George Washington MIGHT have been the 1st President of the United States. MAYBE. And I had this radical view that the president of a country is SOMEWHAT related to the government.

Your remark to me is a Catch-22... George isn't happy about a Dodge Challenger because it was built by a government run company, even though he is the head of the government?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hahahahah :laugh:

I believe your original statement was:
Not sure George would be so proud of driving a car built by a government run company

If my shockingly limited viewpoint of history serves me correctly, many sources seem to tell me that George Washington MIGHT have been the 1st President of the United States. MAYBE. And I had this radical view that the president of a country is SOMEWHAT related to the government.

Your remark to me is a Catch-22... George isn't happy about a Dodge Challenger because it was built by a government run company, even though he is the head of the government?
Again, you completely miss the point. If the United States was actively involved in the running of a car company, he would be completely against it because it goes against the very Constitution of this country. The fact that he is the "head of government" as you say means nothing.

In fact I'm quite certain George Washington and many of our founding fathers are rolling in their graves right now.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Again, you completely miss the point. If the United States was actively involved in the running of a car company, he would be completely against it because it goes against the very Constitution of this country. The fact that he is the "head of government" as you say means nothing.

In fact I'm quite certain George Washington and many of our founding fathers are rolling in their graves right now.
hes from Arizona, what do you expect, he knows nothing about the constitution.

Am Totally Kidding

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.