Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have a few scratches on the black vinyl stripes on my 05 mustang. I was wondering of any tips to get rid of them. Most people dont notice them but I do haha

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same problem brother, not much you can do since its vinyl, but if you can find some extra vinyl or buy some just restripe the section thats scratched up thats what i had to do :/

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Cannot repair...just replace.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have the exact opposite problem -- black scuffs on white stripes! Solutions to that situation are also welcome! :smartass:

·
Registered
389 Posts
To the OP: Maybe try filling them in with a black crayon. Try it in an inconspicuous area first before trying it on the scratch. You also might be able to try an extra fine pointed Sharpie marker.

To AC/DC fan: Maybe try one of those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. If it can remove scuff marks on a floor, maybe it can remove them off your stripes. If it doesn't work, you'll have something to clean your house with! Have you tried a clay bar, yet?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are awesome! Id use them on the black and white vinyl stripes. or a light duty rubbing compound will be ok.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
To the OP: Maybe try filling them in with a black crayon. Try it in an inconspicuous area first before trying it on the scratch. You also might be able to try an extra fine pointed Sharpie marker.

To AC/DC fan: Maybe try one of those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. If it can remove scuff marks on a floor, maybe it can remove them off your stripes. If it doesn't work, you'll have something to clean your house with! Have you tried a clay bar, yet?
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are awesome! Id use them on the black and white vinyl stripes. or a light duty rubbing compound will be ok.
The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser popped into my head on the drive home yesterday! Look at all these great minds thinking alike. Thanks to both of you! I will put that on my shopping list right now.
(And, no, I haven't tried clay bar yet.)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
i got the same problem..its what we get for being cheap :laugh:...iv decided after i get my hood and front fascia this summer im going to have mine painted on when i take my hood and fascia in for paint

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.