Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed on the forums here ever since the 2010 Mustang came out the 05-09 group has shrunk here or quit posting and has been taken over by the 2010-2012 group. Guess it's all part of the cycle :sosad:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
That's how it goes with all car forums. People talk about the latest and greatest news.

You can always jump to the Fox page and see all the parts you'll eventually have to start replacing on your car. Give it about 8-10 years and the flip will happen where you guys start focusing on repairs and the "common" items that go.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
oh man, say its not true :hihi: but ya, ive noticed too. maybe because we have been modding these cars for a few years now, and some of the excitement of new parts has faded a little, and as said more maintenance issues will be popping up.

but we all still love our cars. i think with the over all economy, the ridiculous gas and oil prices and jobs market ( my job is falling apart, hours cut back so my car plans are on hold for a while) there will still be plenty of used cars sold and new members all the time. the V6 forum has been jammin along pretty good maybe for those reasons.

its spring too, so home maint and repair projects are kicking in. even though the posting has slowed a little, the love for the 05-09 is still pretty strong. we must stand united and refuse to be fazed out ;)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I think around 6 or 7 years is when most people start thinking about selling their stangs for new ones orsomething else while they're still worth anything.

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
This is the "2005-2010 Mustang Talk" forum, isn't it?

I actually like this one better because there is more chatter here that pertains to my car (2010 GT) than in the 2011-2012 forum ; on "themustangsource" they have the forum broken out as "2010 and newer" so of course everything is dominated there by the latest and greatest 2011/2012 news.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the "2005-2010 Mustang Talk" forum, isn't it?

I actually like this one better because there is more chatter here that pertains to my car (2010 GT) than in the 2011-2012 forum ; on "themustangsource" they have the forum broken out as "2010 and newer" so of course everything is dominated there by the latest and greatest 2011/2012 news.
True, But I use the Most Recent /Todays Posts to get all of posts and they are now mostly dominated now by the new 2010-2012 threads which isnt unexpected.Having been on here three years now I am seeing the change to the newer years but to our new brothers not to forget what started the new retro look 2005-2009 years, just saying :gringreen

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
call me bias but i prefer the atmosphere here in the 05-10. You guys and girls i've grown to know over the years and i like this crowd a lot

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
call me bias but i prefer the atmosphere here in the 05-10. You guys and girls i've grown to know over the years and i like this crowd a lot
Yeah ditto on that :yup:

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Personally, I'm having no problemos with my 08. I dont enjoy reading about others problems, but I'll be more prepared when my ride starts wearing down. I think alot of us 05-09, are in this same place. Kinda nice, isnt it.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
I've owned a '66, a '98 and now this '05 and had relatives/ good friends who owned the other generations. As far as I'm concerned this version is the pinnacle of Mustang style. The front is reminiscent of the '72 and the rear of the '65 fastback. The lines are clean and uncluttered; devoid of trim. I don't see how it could be improved upon.

I like the new engines (dual overhead cams with variable valve timing on each, 305 or 412HP!!!) but the newer style doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Like someone said, they'll always be new owners, I myself for example; just entered the world of s197's with an 06 GT. I'm not new to mustangs, as I've owned a 68, 70, 85, and 89, but by far this is the coolest stang I've owned. Also, This place has answered alot of my questions so I think it'll stick around as the 05-10's are are getting in the age and price range where people can buy and modify! :bigthumbsup Thus the reason I went with an 06, I'm not rich so buying a new mustang was enticing, but in the end, I like this body style alot better and I could afford to buy it and do some mods, as to where if I had bought a new one there's no way I could've afforded to do anything to it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
we had a jump in people buying S197s posting their new cars, a while back. so i dont think its dying out.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
I've owned a '66, a '98 and now this '05 and had relatives/ good friends who owned the other generations. As far as I'm concerned this version is the pinnacle of Mustang style. The front is reminiscent of the '72 and the rear of the '65 fastback. The lines are clean and uncluttered; devoid of trim. I don't see how it could be improved upon.

I like the new engines (dual overhead cams with variable valve timing on each, 305 or 412HP!!!) but the newer style doesn't do it for me.
its interesting what it reminds people of. what sold me is i thought it was the closest look yet to my 67 i had. the grill is what reminded me the most. the dip in the dash, the faux gas cap is a perfect look, even though its a coupe, it has the fastback look, the spoiler is like a old mach.....its a awesome car :bigthumbsup if there is only one thing i like about the 2010, its the eyebrow behind the door, i wish the 05 had that, but not enough to ever leave the 05-09 for the new style

·
Registered
266 Posts
On a positive note, now that we're no longer the new guy on the block, the aftermarket part prices will be coming down. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yep, posting seems to have died off. I noticed this awhile ago. Hopefully it will never be as bad as the Cobra forum... It's a freaking ghost town in there.

·
Registered
784 Posts
what about the mustang II forum lol

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Yep, posting seems to have died off. I noticed this awhile ago. Hopefully it will never be as bad as the Cobra forum... It's a freaking ghost town in there.
+1....that, I guess everyone sold their cars or parked them...not me, full speed ahead

·
Registered
534 Posts
I am still here and read a lot of post's...been here since 2004!

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sometimes newer isnt always better from a looks and modification standpoint, I mean its all in the eye of the beholder. I am glad I have my Mustang and I will never trade or sell it , I might buy a 05-09 GT500 to add to my stable, so I am in it for the long haul :yup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts