Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well first off I'm a newb so forgive me. I'm 16 just got my license a couple months ago and I drive a bone stock 2000 V6 convertible 5-speed. So anyway I was sitting at the lunch table the other day and everyone was talking about racing. We go by cylinders on who races and there is just me and 1 other guy who have 6 cylinders. But let me run a background on this guy first. He's the guy who liked science in the first grade, the guy who thinks he knows everything bout everything. Basically a grade A nerd. He has a 2000-2003 Monte Carlo which he thinks is the best thing on the earth. So my friends asks him if he would race me. He says " No I wouldn't race him ,but if i did i would win". Now correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the V6 stangs run bout 190 bhp and weigh round 3200. I dont know exactly what his cars got but i am pretty sure i can take him. Right?

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
If he has the base 3.4, 180 h.p. engine , you would smoke him !
But if he has the 3.8, 200 h.p. 225 lb.ft engine , he could give you a real problem , the 3.8 Monte is good for high 15`s stock !
So good luck if he ever races you , also be safe !

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He has the 3.4 engine. I thought there would be no problem but you never know and trust me were safe, after school we just turn off onto a road thats about 1/16 and go. Thats all we have in my town besides cows.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yup, the 3.4 is gravy, used to smoke them in my 89 Z24, the 3.8 is a little faster but used to walk them in the cavy also so a v6 stang should have no problem.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha my friend has a 98 z24 but it only has the 2.4 liter engine in it. Its still got a little go to it though. Yours had the 3.1 right? I wonder if he could take him.

·
Registered
491 Posts
It came with a 2.8 but i swaped a 3.1 when the old one blew. he can take him pretty sure

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Gro_oms said:
Ok, well first off I'm a newb so forgive me. I'm 16 just got my license a couple months ago and I drive a bone stock 2000 V6 convertible 5-speed. So anyway I was sitting at the lunch table the other day and everyone was talking about racing. We go by cylinders on who races and there is just me and 1 other guy who have 6 cylinders. But let me run a background on this guy first. He's the guy who liked science in the first grade, the guy who thinks he knows everything bout everything. Basically a grade A nerd. He has a 2000-2003 Monte Carlo which he thinks is the best thing on the earth. So my friends asks him if he would race me. He says " No I wouldn't race him ,but if i did i would win". Now correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the V6 stangs run bout 190 bhp and weigh round 3200. I dont know exactly what his cars got but i am pretty sure i can take him. Right?
Doesn't sound like trash talk to me. Sounds like he backed away from a challenge and claimed he would win anyway. All bark and no bite.

·
Registered
244 Posts
smoke him...smoke him...then all the girls will think you're hot, and when prom time comes around, you'll have so many girls to choose from as your date, that they'll all start fighting over you, but you being the kind hearted noble man that you are, will tell them that you'll just go with all of them, and you will all go to prom together in a big ass limousine that they will all pitch in to pay for, and you'll have the time of your life at prom and be the envy of every guy there, then when you're done and going home, they will suggest that you have to sleep with all of them since it would only be fair to all the other girls, and you being the kind hearted noble man that you are will do it...

sorry, just a dream I had when I got my first car ever...a 1990 Ford Tempo...oh yeah!!!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
YORCHI said:
smoke him...smoke him...then all the girls will think you're hot, and when prom time comes around, you'll have so many girls to choose from as your date, that they'll all start fighting over you, but you being the kind hearted noble man that you are, will tell them that you'll just go with all of them, and you will all go to prom together in a big ass limousine that they will all pitch in to pay for, and you'll have the time of your life at prom and be the envy of every guy there, then when you're done and going home, they will suggest that you have to sleep with all of them since it would only be fair to all the other girls, and you being the kind hearted noble man that you are will do it...

sorry, just a dream I had when I got my first car ever...a 1990 Ford Tempo...oh yeah!!!
Dude those Tempo's laid some serious rubber if you had a stick on R!!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Original Posted By JEB

Dude those Tempo's laid some serious rubber if you had a stick on R!!!!
And a big giant tach with a shift light

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Doesn't sound like trash talk to me. Sounds like he backed away from a challenge and claimed he would win anyway. All bark and no bite.
No, it sounds like he responded with the facts on his side and did not 'bark with no bite.' He acted responsibility and not like a stupid kid!
:cool:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Yeah!!! So there!

I would've acted like a stupid kid, but hopefully in a safe place!:happyhapp

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
jjandascog said:
And a big giant tach with a shift light
My Mom's 85 (maybe 84?) tempo DID have a Shift Light, but it was small, and yellow, and said "Shift"

I loved that car! It was way cooler than her Volvo!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I gave my dad a 1990 Tempo a couple years ago. That little 4 banger had some pretty good get up n go to it.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Sorry to be such an old fart, but it really was alot cooler back in my day, because those same kids would've had chevelles and first gen Mustangs and real monte carlos.:gringreen Actually, it was pretty much all gm stuff back then.:sleeping:
Shift light?!!! I don't need no stinkin' shift light!!! Heck, I've never looked at the tach when I was running someone. Not to dispute their value however.
...I guess I really don't know how to drive.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Tominator said:
No, it sounds like he responded with the facts on his side and did not 'bark with no bite.' He acted responsibility and not like a stupid kid!
:cool:
Maybe he did act responsible, but he still didn't back up his "trash-talking" bny saying he would win but wouldn't race....hence "bark with no bite":winks

·
Registered
861 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
I gave my dad a 1990 Tempo a couple years ago. That little 4 banger had some pretty good get up n go to it.
My parents gave me a 1991 Ford Tempo a couple years ago..

Too bad I crashed it in a month: Boy, were they NOT happy.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well, later that day he went on to say that a chevy could take a ford any day so yeah.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So my friend confronted him face to face like a few seconds ago. From what i heard he just backed down completely. He went into a big bunch of science stuff I didnt really listen because i was just eves dropping. I dont think we will ever race though. jeesh all this Illegal activity at a christian school.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
hey man its not illegal if you dont get caught! now that you know you can walk all over him you should try to profolk him into racing. for example when you are leaving school get right behind him and after you pull out lay down on it and pass him. no trash talk from a p.o.s chevy driver should go unpunished:sterb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.