Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im Getting a v3 vortech supercharger for my 2008 mustang v6, should i get anything else? My mustang is completly stock, and once i get back from overseas im planning on doing a whole bunch of mods. I would like get about 150+ HP out of everything i do.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Im Getting a v3 vortech supercharger for my 2008 mustang v6, should i get anything else? My mustang is completly stock, and once i get back from overseas im planning on doing a whole bunch of mods. I would like get about 150+ HP out of everything i do.
Well you opening a whole new can of worms. With the power that you will be putting out you will probably want to upgrade a lot of things. Like a CAI, Throttle body, plenum, exhaust, suspension upgrades along with lots of other things that all these mustang geniuses on here will let you know about. You will also need to get it all DYNO tuned and stuff as well. Good luck tho man! that sounds like it will be pretty awesome.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Im looking at the BBK 70mm thottle body now, it looks cool. Is it hard to install the supercharger along with the thottle body myself? I have alot of tools so thats not going to be an issue.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
stay away from aftermarket throttle bodies, they cause more issues then they are worth, and BBK has lots of known issues with S197 parts so i'd stay away from them as well.

Are you getting it intercooled as well? i'd recommend it.

Bigger injectors
colder plugs
bigger fuel pumps
Lower control arms/Upper control arm
wider tires
wideband A/F gauge
perhaps a 8.8 takeoff rear end with a T-Lok and 3.73 or 4.10 gears

and a case of ice cold beer to celebrate :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
177 Posts
perhaps a 8.8 takeoff rear end with a T-Lok and 3.73 or 4.10 gears

and a case of ice cold beer to celebrate :bigthumbsup
i recommend these two as top priorities, the 8.8 because what good is a 350 hp car if it doesnt move and the beer because celebrating is a must... only after the test drive, not before :nono:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont think the 4.10 will fit my v6.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I dont think the 4.10 will fit my v6.
They will, but you have to get gears made for the 7.5 rear end, unless you are going to/have already upgraded to the 8.8.

·
Registered
585 Posts
congrats on the sc. is it a complete kit? ( including injectors, 1 heat range colder plugs, tuner, etc). vortech makes an excellent kit. i think that v3 is a self oiler unit. when i put a vortech on my 07 gt i had to tap the oil pan. the new gen. is much better. again congrats. just put on some gears. 3:73 or 4:10.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
congrats on the sc. is it a complete kit? ( including injectors, 1 heat range colder plugs, tuner, etc). vortech makes an excellent kit. i think that v3 is a self oiler unit. when i put a vortech on my 07 gt i had to tap the oil pan. the new gen. is much better. again congrats. just put on some gears. 3:73 or 4:10.:bigthumbsup

It is a complete kit, I just bought it from AM. Its self lubricated so no tapping into the oil pans or anything:shiny: Its easy to install from what i have been reading, so once i get back to the states i will start working on it. easy day :smoke:

·
Registered
585 Posts
i put motive (4:10) gears, tlok in mine. some don't like the motive's but like anything else you get them installed right and they are as good as any. just make sure you put friction modifier in when you install the tlok. use your tuner to set it up for the gears.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
585 Posts
yeah its easy, just take your time. i did mine over a 3 day period, not getting in a hurry and making sure to double/triple check everything i did was correct. can't afford to mess it up. you are gonna love it. i am currently installing an X charger on my 2010 v6. a good set of duals will help you out on hp a bit on a sc app. about 10-15. but try to get to a dyno when you can and tweek it for all the hp you can!!!! yahoo another v6 sc to mess with the unsuspecting. yahoo again!!!!!:heha:

·
Registered
201 Posts
You actually won't need a DYNO tune... the supercharger kits come with a DiabloSport Tuner and a tune

Definitely get dual exhaust or at the very least a new muffler because the stock ones really suck.

If you have the stock 16"rims and tires - get rid of the BFGoodrich tires ASAP! If you get a supercharger, kiss 1st and 2nd gear traction goodbye.

If you want even more hp... go with nitrous.

·
Registered
585 Posts
You actually won't need a DYNO tune... the supercharger kits come with a DiabloSport Tuner and a tune

Definitely get dual exhaust or at the very least a new muffler because the stock ones really suck.

If you have the stock 16"rims and tires - get rid of the BFGoodrich tires ASAP! If you get a supercharger, kiss 1st and 2nd gear traction goodbye.

If you want even more hp... go with nitrous.
yeah, it comes with a tune but you can always tweak it on the dyno for a few more hp/tq.:smartass:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.