Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've finally decided to pull the trigger and order a new 5.0. My only hang-up is what color I want. I have been waffling between Kona Blue and Red Candy. My question is, since Red Candy is a more expensive paint job than the others, would getting aftermarket pieces painted cost more? I want to get either a ducktail or a gt500 spoiler, would the upcharge on the Red Candy carry over to such appearance mods? I'm really trying to justify paying the $350, or so, extra dollars but I am also trying to find out if it will cost more down the road as well. Thanks to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm generalizing here, BUT: reds usually cost more than other paint colors and metallics are sometimes more than solid colors when it comes to the materials. When I painted the family car in high school, the red I wanted to use was almost $300 more than the metallic blue I ultimately chose (a Ford color, incidentally). Also candy coats can be harder to apply well. This combination of factors is probably why Ford charges extra for that color (along with creating some artificial "exclusivity").

I doubt it would add more than $50-75 to the cost of painting a bumper cover or hood. You could probably get a better answer by checking with a body shop before you make your decision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.