Ford Mustang Forum banner

Getting more HP in a 2002 Mustang V6

15K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  02mustangv6 
#1 ·
Are there anythings I can do to gain horsepower in my 2002 V6 3.8L pony? Things besides K&N CAI, and dual exhaust. I know of tuners but are they worth the money to increase power? Unfortunatly they dont make turbo's or superchargers for V6's yet:(

#2 ·
well they do make superchager and u can get a custom turbo and maybe tma making a kit soon. But most importantly you need to upgrade your driveline any way. tlock and gears are the way to go with a tuner. Windstar intake soon after. remember brakes and supports are important too. subframe connectors, shocks,springs,strut bar.

#5 ·
Agreed, this topic gets discussed about once a week it seems, possibly more, doing a search will save u time since u won't have to wait for replies:bigthumbsup

#6 ·
Might I suggest a PowerPack from the good folkx at SuperSix Motorsports. It'll definitely give you a lot of bang for your buck AND it'll make for a good foundation for any planned forced induction upgrades down the line.

#7 ·
I looked up Super 6, nice to know they exist ... in case I decide the soon to be daily driver needs some help!! For all the readers in the V6 section. There is a huge Mustang community in Seoul Korea! I just discovered that this afternoon after I saw a Mustang being pulled out of garage in the "high rent" district ($5M or more homes). The guy told me that the Ford dealers here only sell V6s though his had GT badges, a Shelby hood, 20" rims and cat back. Black convertible with orange stipes. Sounds odd - looked great!

#10 ·
Procharger is the only brand with a kit out right now for our sixers, vortech use to have one but they stopped making it for some reason

#11 ·
trust me tuner and gear/tlock combo for now then if u wanna supercharge your car is ready. That the way i'm going except i'm upgrading the brakes and adding lowering springs with new shocks and sub frame connectors

#16 ·
Yeah at 11 psi they claim to whoop down on a cobra lmao but I don't think it's the terminator version, since you would only have about 350hp from that level of boost on a stock motor, and I wouldn't bother getting a CAI if you plan on putting the procharger kit on there since it will be useless due to all new intake configuration however exhaust is a great thing to already have done for the new higher flowing setup

#15 ·
tlock and gears i ment for combo offer a big boast. Also you need bigger fule injector and fuel pump, a tune,spark plugs

#17 ·
Also you need bigger fule injector and fuel pump, a tune,spark plugs
to be clear, only do that at the same time you put the supercharger in, i mean youcan do the fuel pump earlier on but dont change injectors until you need to

#18 ·
Well for the 11 psi procharger kit they have bigger ones so I think you need it

#20 ·
wait till you buy the kits sometimes the kits come with stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.