Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting my windows tinted next saturday but need opinions

6K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  RetroGT2006 
#1 ·
Hi everyone I am gettin my windows tinted next saturday the cost is 190 dollars lifetime warranty and they use lullmar window tint. I was thinking of going 5 percent in the back and 15 percent on the sides and quarter windows. I would do 5 peercent all around but that would be trouble. The other choice would be 15 percent back and sides. Also for 30 dollars more they will do like a tinted visor on the front window it looked good I was thinking 5 percent for that but he said they do have it in colors too I think they can color match but was leaning for the 5 percent for the front visor or should I just leave the front window alone any comments would be greatley appreciated.

#2 ·
I would do 5% all around, but i guess FL is a lot more lenient when it comes to this stuff.. I went 15% all around and it is dark at night, i have to roll windows down backing out of places but it is nice. I want to rip it off and go 5% all around and do 50% on the front but thats highly illegal and my dad would kill me if i came home with any tint on the front window besides the strip. :rollgrin:

I say 15% all around and do the strip.

#3 ·
I would do 5% all around, but i guess FL is a lot more lenient when it comes to this stuff.. I went 15% all around and it is dark at night, i have to roll windows down backing out of places but it is nice. I want to rip it off and go 5% all around and do 50% on the front but thats highly illegal and my dad would kill me if i came home with any tint on the front window besides the strip. :rollgrin:

I say 15% all around and do the strip.
Thanks for your opinion buddy I asked the guy there if 5 percent on the back and 15 on the sides would look gay and he said its pretty common and would look cool with 15 all around you get a more unified look I would imagine.

#4 ·
it depends what is legal.

here you can only get 35% on the driver and passenger windows and then up to 5% on the back and quarters (this is the setup I have on my car)

honestly you can't really tell that much because the dark tint on the back keeps the whole car dark inside. the only time you can really see through is if you are driving in broad daylight and even then all you can see from the outside is shadows and outlines of people inside.

#13 ·
it depends what is legal.

here you can only get 35% on the driver and passenger windows and then up to 5% on the back and quarters (this is the setup I have on my car)
Last time I check, in NJ NO tint on front windows. Whatever you want on back windows...

On my last car I went with 15% on the back windows. I personally wouldn't go darker than that. Even at 15% it was a little tricky seeing out the back when backing up at night...

#5 ·
Good thing I did my research I was reading on many forums that the 05 to 07 mustang will scratch your window tint ford upgraded the felt stripping in 08 to not have this problem so I ordered the oem ford parts for passenger and driver side winow from cj pony parts it came to 60 total Its better felt stripping for the drive side and passenger side belt ways ihope this isent to hard to install my self so I can have it done before friday or I can see if the tint place can install it but then Im looking at more money probably.

#6 ·
when i got my car, it had the really dark on the rear and 1/4 glass( i call it limo tint) no idea on the numbers. so i did the sides to match myself. i had the windshield replaced, and at first i was pissed cause they didnt put glass in that had the pony, and it had the real dark tint along the top. since then, i really like the tint on the frt glass, and i dont miss the pony so much. ive also been pulled over a couple times and let go with warnings for the side windows. :gringreen alot of times i roll the widows down if i see a cop, some havent cared at all, it just depends on the cop i guess. i like the real dark on the rear esp, really helps keep the car cooler in the sun. you can see the frt glass in this pic..

Attachments

#7 ·
the only thing about tinting the top of the windshield....if your tall like me, you can't run tint too far down.
but i love my tint here in N.M. it's super hot here now. and i think, the darker the better....my .02 worth:bigthumbsup

and my tint guy did the felt strips himself, he had the door panels off anyway he said and did not charge me a dime extra.

#8 ·
i dont think the install will be to hard just take old moldings out and slide new ones in the o5 to 07 moldings came with no felt in them just hard ass plastic ford relized this and came out with new moldings for 08 which are felt lined. I love my car but ford has a lot of mishaps with the s197 from hood corotion to the window moldings to water leaks i hope they did better quality controll with the 5.0

#9 ·
I was wondering the same thing about tint. Didnt know if it would look good with 35% all around and 5% in the back, but now i think thats what i will do when i work off a "small" debt with my parents:winks

#11 ·
I have a prescription for window tint from my eye doctor :bigthumbsup

It says something like " I examined Christopher today and found him to be extremely sensitive to light. Please allow him to have tinted windows on his automobile"

I was pulled over one time and the cop let me off. He was pissed about it I could tell. But there is nothing he can do.

I have 20% on sides and 5% on the back. It's tits, I love it.

#16 ·
I was thinking 5 percent in back and quarter windows and 15 percent on the sides and my sunviser strip will be 5 percent I migght have to get 30 percent on the side windows though so the po po dont bother me but would prefer 15 percent on the sides hell on my 98 gt I used to have I had the whole car 5 percent back and sides and only got 1 ticket the trick is to roll the windows down whgen you start hearing that radar going off in your car.

#17 ·
In Phoenix, which is extremely hot, the limit is 35% on the driver/passenger windows, and I believe anything you want on the rest, excluding the front windshield.

I'm planning on 35% up front, and either 20% or 15% on the back. My side quarter windows are already 20% and its reasonably dark.

#19 ·
I have 35% on the sides and 5% on the quarter window/back. You can't really tell much difference from the sides and quarter when you get that either.

Attachments

#21 ·
here is mine with 35% front and 5% rear and quarters.

you would think it's hard to see out but it's really not. just if you are backing up at night, use your sideview mirrors and turn around to look out the back window, if you use the mirror on the windshield you won't be able to see much but if you turn and look you can see well enough.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.