Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I looked at alot of posts on here and some say this, some say that, I dont like to do reposts of things out there but I am just going to ask this for I can get the answers im looking for. I am thinking about getting new gears for my 2009 4.0 v6 Premium Coupe auto mustang. I already have CAI, duels, and tuner for it and people say this is the next best mod to do (this is my daily driver year round). I know there are the 3.73 and 4.10 gears so which ones should I get. next is the lsd, I know what it does but is it important and should I buy it? and last should i just upgrade to a 8.8 rear end instead of having my 7.5? I am looking for more get up and go from my mustang so is this going to be worth it for me and am I going to be happy with the results? also how much money am I looking at including labor and what is the cheapest yet effective way to go? Thanks! (also one more thing i forgot to mention is I have traction control on it so is this going to mess with it at all?) :help:

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
but 4.10s

trac loc

youll be happy

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yea the 7.5 is alot stonger than people give it credit for. Just get the T-lok and 4.10's because you have an auto. Before you pull the trigger on the purchase, check around to a few junkyards and craigslist. I'll bet you can find a hell of a deal on a new rear end. I just picked up an 8.8 for $275.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.