Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I'm a first time vintage Mustang owner for the past month and lovin my 67 hardtop coupe. These might seem like "Mustang 101" questions but bare with me. It's been 20 years since I owned a vintage vehicle (71' Chevelle & 67' Firebird) and I'm just getting back in to "it", more seriously this time round.
I 'm preparing to store my mustang for the coming winter, (yes I know we don't want to think about it but we live in Canada so it's an ugly reality we have to accept) and I have some questions I hope someone out there can answer for me.
1. what are the pros and cons of storing indoors vs outdoors with a car cover and under an open door garage?
2. do i have to drain any fluids in the engine, rad, etc.?
3. anything else I should know before i retire "her" for 2005?
thanks and take care

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
1. what are the pros and cons of storing indoors vs outdoors with a car cover and under an open door garage?
Outside you may get wear on your tires and be more prone to the elements. Inside will provide more shelter incase your car cover does blow off briefly.
2. do i have to drain any fluids in the engine, rad, etc.?
Not recommended, just make sure the levels are good, some fuel stabalizer is in place, and the antifreeze is good for the winter months. It would be a good idea to pull the battery and keep it inside a garage if storing outside, or just disconnect if keeping it inside.
3. anything else I should know before i retire "her" for 2005?
An occasional bi-monthly startup cant ever hurt the car during long periods of time, helps keep everything lubricated and ready for the cloud breaking of spring to arrive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.