Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying that I’m very much a neophyte when it comes to modifying cars. I'm the original owner of my 1995 GT and have finally decided to dig into it. From reading this website I see that some of the first modifications are usually gears, CAI, exhaust, intake, etc. What modifications will require additional tuning after the installation is complete? When I was younger, I worked on my cars all of the time so I’m pretty comfortable working on my car, mechanically speaking. However, I’m very apprehensive of the computer aspect. Does the computer automatically detect changes and compensate? What advice is there for tuning a car post modification? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
398 Posts
the computer will detect, 90% of your basic mod changes. It isn't till you start adding power adder's and such, that you need to look at some type of computer addition's...........First couple thing's i would do on your car, right away if you want to enjoy the changes, would be gear's and the cai...........

hotwheels of insanemustangs.com

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wyoming, thanks for the info. When I do start to add parts that require computer manipulation, how do I go about doing so?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.