Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get it through steeda for 739. Or evoperform.com, lethal performance, or American muscle? Which I think is 799 through all those company's, whats the best place?

·
Registered
567 Posts
All of the companies you listed are good reliable companies I have had good success, so I would go with whoever is the cheapest out of those guys, so probably Steeda, but as far as tuning I would go with Evolution Performance, or Lethal P!

·
Registered
726 Posts
I was just reading Brenspeeds sight and they are getting almost 30hp with just a tune. Dont know how much their kits are though.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I just got my Steeda CAI today.I ordered direct from Steeda with the SCT tuner for $739.00.It's preloaded with their tune and I will go with this tune to start after installing the CAI and do a custom tune later after I get my exhaust done.

You really have quite a few choices with mail order tunes but I think It's best to do a custom dyno tune for your own car and mods.I'm sure Evo,Lethal etc. can hook you up with a good tune if you let them no what if any mods you have.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey gerhardtracing, I would also order directly through Steeda (package deal with SCT tuner & CAI). I had my local performance shop order Steeda's SCT X3 tuner & Steeda ProFlow CAI as it will be installed in the morning along with a MagnaFlow Street Series Cat-Back exhaust system. :worship

I agree with Zilla8 to have a custom dyno tune performed on your car so it will absolutely be a true custom tune specifically for your car. By choosing the custom tune you can specify and dial in timing, fuel/air mixture, octane rating, shift points (auto tranny), raise rev limiter, remove speed limiter, etc. which according to my tuner will significantly improve the overall responsiveness of the car and should drive like a totally different car (in a good way). :)

I can't wait to pick-up my baby tomorrow (Thursday) and I will let you know if there is a noticeable performance improvement...my gut feeling is this set-up (at least for now) is the way to go quicker in the shortest time possible...good luck with your mod's and please keep us updated on your impressions and experiences. Take care, Jack :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
178 Posts
Steeda CAI is the one to get, and it looks great.
My question is it seems to only available for a manual. Any word on one for an auto?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steeda CAI is the one to get, and it looks great.
My question is it seems to only available for a manual. Any word on one for an auto?

Lethalperformance.com has it for the auto.

I think I will go through steeda and when I do more mods just have it custom tuned then, thanks for all your input

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.