Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am replacing my windshield arms. The clips to remove them are broken off, so I can not get them off in the normal manner. Well the clips are sill there, but do not hold the wiper out. Do those clips also "disengage/unlock" the arms from the spline? Or do they just hold the wiper arms out so they do "unlock"? I have tried to hold the arms out and pull them off, but it didnt come off? Any ideas, maybe try channel locks, or vice grips? I dont care about the old arms, I have newer ones.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think the clip locks the arm up and releases it from the splines. See if you can get a pick in there.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
If you have newer ones, try a screwdriver and pry the jaw down. The pin being pulled out allows the tension on the splines to be released. Without the pin, you have to get that tension released otherwise.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have newer ones, try a screwdriver and pry the jaw down. The pin being pulled out allows the tension on the splines to be released. Without the pin, you have to get that tension released otherwise.
So just lifting the arm should work?

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you have the newer ones, you have to push down on the jaw with a flat screwdriver blade and pull out on the arm at the same time. They'll pop right off, but I found 4 hands were better than two. One guy to hold the arm and push down on the jaw, the other to pull the blade off while he's doing it. The new ones just push on

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Yup, like he said you pry down on the jaw and pull it up off of the splines.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have done this a 1,000 times, but never had a problem like this. I am going to get a rag (protect the paint) n try today, havent tried since the other day. ding, ding, round 2:boxing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.