Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some honest first hand exper any one has had with the gforce performance chip before i go and install it on my 01 gt convertible(excuse me, MY WIFES 01 gt convertible) dont want to install this thing and have it kill the computer or some thing. please let me know if it will be safe to install or should I send it back for a full refund before I get it anywhere near the car?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
why didnt you get an sct handheld tuner? much better than a chip.

·
Registered
41 Posts
may have been a fluck but my buddy had a chip in his Explorer and it melted to the ECU and killed it. Like i said may have been a fluck but it was all i needed to just get a tuner.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
why didnt you get an sct handheld tuner? much better than a chip.
+1, don't bother with any chips just get a tuner. The ****** ebay ones are no good anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you fellow stang heads I do appreciate the feedback so far.
The car is doing fine the way I got it so no worries I just like add ons
That increase the value of my investment. When I can afford the tuner
I will most certainly get it. That sounds like the most popular and best option
For what I want to achieve. MORE HORSE POWER combined with better
Fuel economy.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Thank you fellow stang heads I do appreciate the feedback so far.
The car is doing fine the way I got it so no worries I just like add ons
That increase the value of my investment. When I can afford the tuner
I will most certainly get it. That sounds like the most popular and best option
For what I want to achieve. MORE HORSE POWER combined with better
Fuel economy.
Well, it won't really increase the potential resale value. Does make the car more enjoyable though, which is the only reason one should mod. Lots of guys drop like $20K into their ride, only to sell it for maybe at best a couple grand over what a bone stock car would go for. But hey if that's what you have to tell your wife in order to mod the car then that's cool, I completely understand.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
An easy rule of thumb: If it's an ECU altering accessory that costs $69, it's a piece of crap, don't buy it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Untill I can afford the tuner the chip will have to do. So far itching bad has happened yet no noticeable good either, course I don't drive her car much so I wouldn't notice any diff either LOL. so I guess I'll leave the chip for now and for sure get the tuner later. Thx again for the feedback been helpful

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
How does it feel to know you wasted $70?

Why come on here and ask about something, get told it's crap by multiple people and then you buy it anyways?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FYI bullitt I had already purchased before I thought to come here and ask specially since the add for it came from this forrum. As I've stated in my intro post and my status clearly says rookie. We all have to start somewhere and sometimes learn some hard mistakes but thanks for your in put as well TOP DOG.
It TRULEY takes all kinds

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
FYI bullitt I had already purchased before I thought to come here and ask specially since the add for it came from this forrum. As I've stated in my intro post and my status clearly says rookie. We all have to start somewhere and sometimes learn some hard mistakes but thanks for your in put as well TOP DOG.
It TRULEY takes all kinds
It truly does...

looking for some honest first hand exper any one has had with the gforce performance chip before i go and install it on my 01 gt convertible(excuse me, MY WIFES 01 gt convertible) dont want to install this thing and have it kill the computer or some thing. please let me know if it will be safe to install or should I send it back for a full refund before I get it anywhere near the car?
You clearly had this^^^^ option, yet you installed it anyway.
It's not a big deal. We have people all the time asking opinions and then ignoring all advice given. Bottom line is - It's your car. Do what you want with it.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
It truly does...

You clearly had this^^^^ option, yet you installed it anyway.
It's not a big deal. We have people all the time asking opinions and then ignoring all advice given. Bottom line is - It's your car. Do what you want with it.
Im so glad you know the difference between advice and advise since that is a rarity in this place :bigthumbsup.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Haha you made me literally laugh out loud again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts