Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a friend who just got his ghost cam. He told me they were back on the market and they were only making them for the MT and not the auto's since the cam tune will cause drivabilty issues with the autos like hard bucking.

No, im not making this up because before he didnt have this tune and he sent me a video of the cam. I was just wondering, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!:winks

·
Registered
588 Posts
More info, like where he got the tune from.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Lethal performance has it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
295 Posts
The option exists on Lethal Performances website with the ability to put in auto and manual.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The option exists on Lethal Performances website with the ability to put in auto and manual.
Damn really? I need to go check their website out.

Thanks for the info!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got off the phone with Lethal Performance. They confirmed they do have the cam tune but only for MT due to drivability issue with autos and a lot of auto drivers have been complaining about it. I asked if they wouldbfix it for the auto and the guy said he has no idea if Jon Lund has been working to fix this.

Hopefully they can fix it soon, cause I want that tune.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It looks like steeda is offering the ghost cam tune now as well. I just wish Bama would get back on board. I love Bama and how they run their company but they really need to add this feature back like the competition is doing.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I've got BAMA tunes.. unfortunately I bought it right after they discontinued their cammed tune option. I wish they offered it again.. Cmon bama!! give us ghost cam tune back!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've got BAMA tunes.. unfortunately I bought it right after they discontinued their cammed tune option. I wish they offered it again.. Cmon bama!! give us ghost cam tune back!!
Did they ever actually offer the ghost cam tune?

I do wish they would develop their own ghost cam tune... I've been itching to get one for my auto. If just for the novelty. But I want to stick with Bama (on their free tunes for life) as I've been happy with customer service and want to retain their #8 warranty.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have had the lope tune for some time. My tune is from AED.

Here are some examples of it in action:

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 with AED Lope version 3, Dynomax Bullets and Dynomax Ultra-Flow axle back - YouTube

2012 Mustang GT 5.0 with AED Drag Tune with Lope Idle and Dynomax Ultra-Flow axle back - YouTube

2012 Mustang GT with AED Lope Idle Tune, Roush Axleback and no Cats - YouTube

It is a fun novelty. However, I cannot live with it on an everyday basis. I am not a kid any longer, and it does reek...especially with no cats.

Mike

·
Registered
784 Posts
I do wish they would develop their own ghost cam tune... I've been itching to get one for my auto. If just for the novelty. But I want to stick with Bama (on their free tunes for life) as I've been happy with customer service and want to retain their #8 warranty.
Or you could just use a tuner who has never actually smoked a #8, and has a lope tune.

Mike

·
Registered
178 Posts
why did Bama discontinue their ghost cam option.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Or you could just use a tuner who has never actually smoked a #8, and has a lope tune.

Mike
It is tempting, I'll admit that.

I don't want to start a this tuner vs. that tuner thread, however - there have been multiple tuners who have had customers with blown #8s (seems somewhat random - certainly not just Bama). I would be willing to wager that Bama/American Muscle sell exponentially more tunes than most other tuners out there. So the fact that they have had a couple blown #8s, but the much lesser known and much lesser sales volume tuner 'X' hasn't had any blown #8s doesn't necessarily mean a lot. It *could* mean something, but it could also mean that just by chance they haven't had a problem. Whichever side of fence you want to lean on.

Plus, I'm pretty confident that in a catastrophic event where an engine blows (#8 related or not) and Ford doesn't warranty it and they blame it on a tune, given the high value that Bama puts on how their customer service appears here on the forums, they are the tuner I would most like to deal with in that situation. They can afford to shell out $$$ in those events, not just because they might think it's the right thing to do, but because it would instill confidence in future customers. I'm not so sure that would necessarily be the case with others.

Again, I could be wrong. But that's why I'm not quite willing to switch to another tuner just because of the ghost cam tune. In a couple years if they still don't have one? Then my tone might change.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts