Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I’ve just recently joined ALLFORDMUSTANGS, and yet I have been looking through here for weeks as it has been helpful to me since buying a 2012 V6 M/T Sterling Grey MCA coupe with the Performance Package at the end of last February.

This is quite a car, as you know, as I am now knowing. I did not expect to own a Mustang. We were out in California a year ago and decided to not rent the Corolla or Prius and went for a convertible Sterling Grey Mustang. We drove from LA to San Francisco along Pacific Coast Highway - great ride - and it was a great car! I was sold, we had to find a coupe when we got back to NY.

My first old Ford was a black and white ’59 Edsel. And, I’ve had 3 T-Birds, an awesome ’59 Cordovan (color) with a saddle leather interior - so much like the present Mustang saddle, a white ’62 and a silver ’64. Also owned a dark green ‘66 Mustang coupe (6 cylinders is not like the 6 of today!). All those cars are gone but I kept my champagne ’63 Falcon sedan. With the Falcon and the 2012 Mustang parked in the garage side by side it is interesting to compare the several design themes they have in common.

Actually, it’s nice to own a Mustang that will someday be a collectable car. It already really feels like one. Is the Mustang type I have somewhat rare?

I do have a question or two. Can I swap out the MCA grille for a Pony Package Grille? What pieces do I need, as I’m almost sure it is not just the grille that I see ads for? I plan on keeping the MCA grille for putting things back to stock, for the future owner. And for winter wheels I put on the base silver painted GT rims. What is the air pressure for the GT wheels by the way?

As for the photo, I was still putting the new rims on the car. I‘m going to put the black Pony center caps on...

Thank you All!

Nick M.

Attachments

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Nice ride you have there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts