Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo whats up guys? I got a few questions about glasspacks and i know you either love them or hate them but i want a louder and better sounding exhaust without having to spend a lot of money and every one at my HS has flowmasters on their trucks so i want to sound a little different, plus i like the old school sound of glasspacks and the fact they eventually get louder over time.

how does the length make a difference?(thinking about 24inches)

what does it mean when they say perforated?

what are some good brands?

I already have 30 inch glasspacks but their really deep sounding and was wondering if shorter ones have at least a little more of that snap crackle popping sound to them?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Stick with what you got and let them age.

You could buy a cherry bomb shorter and get louder maybe, but they wont be really loud till they are aged.
My 65 has pretty long glasspacks 2" ID and its very loud, I like it when i wanna be loud, but hate it as its my daily driver. they have I think 10 years on them, many miles.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I have a set of cherry bombs 2" dia ID on my 65 fb 289, and if I floor it you can hear it 1/2 mi away or more, I love it, the only problem is, if you want to hear the old AM radio, you have to shut the car off, I'd rather listen to the motor and exhaust. The length of the body will determine the mellow of the sound. Good Luck.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I don't care for glasspacks, they sound cheezy, and are not legal in most states. Seeing you live in Calif, I would bet they aren't legal in your state, as not much of anything at all is. With glasspacks the cops will have an open invitation to stop you at any time and give you a ticket or tickets. You will be better of to forget the glasspacks and keep a little lower profile. Just the opinion of an older man, who hasn't seen it all ,but saw most of it. Get some long tube headers and stock, flowmaster, ect. mufflers it will sound better than any glasspacks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts