Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went to get a new alternator and the guy at napa looked at me like i was on crack,. hes like this isnt a ford alternator its a gm delco..
and i said should i just get a ford one then? and he said no ill just give you what you gave me but new and you can hook it up how it was hooked up. so i came home and went to hook it up, theres one fat wire going from battery, to the wing nut post on back.
wasnt charging my battery and someone said i needed to get the clip that clips into the side, so i got the clip and it has 2 wires a white one and a red one.... where do these wires go???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heres a link to instructions on how to convert from a Lucas alternator to the Delco 3 wire.

It would apply to your situation, the lucas and Ford have the same components, and shows what is eliminated.

Alternator Wiring

Or you could do an image search at Google for Delco Alternator.

·
Registered
10 Posts
140 amp delco remy alternator

just to piggy back on this thread...I was reading about the swap to a delco 3 wire setup. was at the salvage yard "used parts superstore" today, found a '99 caddy with a 140 amp delco remy that was manufactured in march of 2012. so, for $18.00 I figured what the hell. I want to put it in my '68 coupe. I did notice that the connection for the pigtail has 3 blades, not the 2 that are on the delco 12si. does anybody have any info on how to hook it up? My car is under cover for the winter, and I was just wondering if I could get a little info before the weather gets better.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts