Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder how Ford will respond to this:

In an attempt to increase market share and improve its reputation among consumers, General Motors Corp. told its dealers Wednesday it is extending its new-car powertrain warranty to five years or 100,000 miles.
The warranty is effective immediately and will cover all 2007 GM products. GM has about 6,500 dealers in the United States.
Until Wednesday, most GM vehicles were covered by a three-year, 36,000-mile warranty. Powertrain warranties on Buick and Cadillac products were for four years or 50,000 miles; they, too, will go to the five-year, 100,000-mile warranty.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Yeah, its about time! what is cool about GM is if you bought your 07 before the announcement, you still get the longer warrnaty, as long as its a 07 model. I think they big 3 should offer 10/100,000 just like hyundai and kia

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Well, the danger of this is if their quality is not up to it, they will go near bankrupt liek Chrysler did with the 7/70 in the 80's

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Thats the point, the quality will improve just like Hyundai and Kia did.... they have to do it because they will go bankrupt right. I think the powertrains on fords and gm and DC cars are pretty good, but there is always room for improvement overall and they should have that mentality.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Yeah but "Quality isnt job one" with Ford.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts