Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have seen the monstrous performance of the Gozzilla V8 from Ford, this engine with only forged pistons and connecting rods, compressor and modified cams left a result of 1450 horsepower on the bench. Basically a monster, the block is stock, even the crankshaft, they have changed almost nothing.
I was wondering if it was possible to swap it on a 2012 mustang, I mean by the space available. A swap on a fox has already been done, but unfortunately I don't understand much spoken English, I can read English but I don't understand it if it is spoken:

·
Registered
05 GT Premium, satin silver over red
198 Posts
There are several Godzilla swapped S197 Mustangs running around already so it is possible. I don't have any knowledge of how to get it done though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you very much, in the video I have attached they say which changes are necessary (if there are any necessary), but unfortunately I am able to read and write in English, but I am not very good at understanding spoken English.
In any case, this engine attracts me a lot, it's big and brutal, but there are no aftermarket parts around, maybe it's still too new.
While almost original it managed to deliver 1450 horsepower, I don't dare to imagine if it were completely forged and pumped at 25-26 psi how much power it would produce.

·
Registered
11,258 Posts
I'm thinking the biggest issues with the install will be the electronics, just like a Coyote swap into an earlier S197, (because everything is integrated and interconected) . . . only different

·
Registered
1967 Mercury Cougar XR7
2,922 Posts
This is one of those swaps that seems very cool until you have to get out your wallet.

If you decide to make it happen out of sheer bloody-minded determination, I truly respect that. Just know that even if you do the work mostly yourself, you're going to be into this probably an easy $30-40k.

Frankly, there are a lot of other ways to make huge power for a lot less money, and probably would handle better too - but then again, you wouldn't have a Godzilla to brag about. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts