Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few months I have been buying a lot of under-hood chrome cover dress-up parts, interior chrome dash/shifter area trim accents and exterior chrome taillight trim accents for my Stang. I really love the look of chrome on these 2005+ Mustangs. The only problem is my wallet doesn't like all these chrome goodies I am buying.:eek: Am I the only one that has the chrome dress-up fever?:D Love to hear and see from other members on what chrome parts/accents they have added to their Mustangs.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Chrome here too, check out my profile. So far door handles, mirrors, tail lights, third brake light,license plate, bumper around the exhaust trim, shorty chrome antenna and base, wiper sprayer things on the hood. Grille and fuel door to come soon.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I buy dash before flash, and I always run out of cash before I get to the flash. I like mildly chromed Mustangs, but it is real easy to go overboard.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Shiny.:happyhapp I think most of us are addicted to chrome and stainless steel, even on the older mustangs. I sure am. Chrome fuel door, stainless steel bumper inserts, true dual exhaust with stainless steel tips, chrome emergency brake handle, chrome door locks, and a few other things. Soon to be chrome wheels.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Other than the tail light trim and a couple of interior baubles, most of the chrome items (including polished aluminum and stainless) are under the hood. I prefer real chrome whenever possible. I've found a couple of good online sources for real chrome grade 8.8 hardware and fasteners (no covers here).

·
Registered
389 Posts
sltwagon said:
Chrome is a little too flashy for me. I'm more of a polished aluminum kinda guy. :)
Same here, except change 'guy' to 'girl'. :shigrin

Like derklug said, it is easy to go overboard with chrome. However, the same could be said for satin.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I might do taillight and stop lamp, and I would like to go with chrome Crager SS's later. They remind me of my first stang

·
Registered
858 Posts
Im not a big fan of chrome or polished unless used as accents, i prefer the machined or Satin look, the only chrome on my Stang inside or out if the vent and guage bezel trim and the only polished accent i have added id the trim ring around the mirror control.

When used as an accent chrome looks very nice but when over done it just looks like you are trying to hard to be kool, But, to each his own. Polished blowers look great though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.