Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be changing my oil myself like allways and am just wondering if there is any thing beside the oil and filter i should be doing.mainly wondering if my 06 gt has any grease fittings and if so where and how many.

·
Registered
613 Posts
i will be changing my oil myself like allways and am just wondering if there is any thing beside the oil and filter i should be doing.mainly wondering if my 06 gt has any grease fittings and if so where and how many.
Check all fluids and tire pressures.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks so what keeps every thing greased and lubed up over time is every thing sealed.i guese i am old school every thing use to have grease fitings. i dont know much about these new cars :headscratch:.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just to save yourself from possibly having to scramble at the last minute, I'd have a variety of filter wrenches on hand just in case the guy that installed the last filter fancied himself as a modern-day Hercules......:cursing:

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
i`m old school too. instead of servicing the parts, everything is throw away now. its good for the parts business :shiny: bad for the owner:so

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Check that the old filter seal does not stick to the block when you remove it! Also put a light coat of oil on the new seal.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Good advice... Especially on Fram filters! Never had one come off a Motorcraft though.

Mine stays on almost every time with the motorcraft filter and never even put a wrench on that thing. Only hand tighten it and take it off with my hand.

Well, actually i use both hands for better leverage.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I am actually glad this thread was started....my car is due for its 2nd oil change and in all honesty, it has been a very long time since I changed the oil of my car myself. So it is very good to know it is rather straight forward, for I really do not like surprises.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I am actually glad this thread was started....my car is due for its 2nd oil change and in all honesty, it has been a very long time since I changed the oil of my car myself. So it is very good to know it is rather straight forward, for I really do not like surprises.
Eric, did you know that you should have been changing the oil by time instead of mileage? Since you put so few miles on it, you should have changed it every 6 months. Oil breaks down just sitting in there.

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
Eric, did you know that you should have been changing the oil by time instead of mileage? Since you put so few miles on it, you should have changed it every 6 months. Oil breaks down just sitting in there.
Actually, I did know that.....but then again, I have had very little contact with my car in the last 2 years....as mentioned somewhere else, I think I have put a whole whopping 400-500 miles on the car since August 2007. So in either case, mileage or time, it is due for an oil change.:gringreen

·
Registered
38 Posts
+1 to being pretty straight forward. and on my '06, one of the easier filters to get to of the cars I've ever done my own oil change. Did have to go get a bigger filter wrench that first time!:hihi:

·
Registered
680 Posts
I prefill the filter 1/2 way. I've been told it gets the oil pressure up quicker, just dont fill it too much or it will pour out as you twist it on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.