Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cost wise, it fits my budget to buy it used. I can confirm the kit is unlocked but I heard custom tunes are the best. Therefore does anyone know how much custom SCT tunes cost and if that's even available? Or should i just use the presets?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
Yes you can get a custom tune. Generally they're about $50 ea. You'll need the USB cable.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
If you want to use canned tunes, you'll need the USB Cable it will cost you $15.00. But you're better off with a custom dyno tune, which will cost around $150.00 but at least you'll know that it's for your car. Every car reacts different to tuning, and if you get a canned tune it's just a tune made from a car with the same ECM Code as yours. If your car is mildly modded, like CAI, exhaust, simple bolt ons then a canned tune may not do any damage. But if your car is wildly modded, or you have plans to do so then have it custom dyno tuned, Mike. :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup Before you buy that tuner, find out how many changes are left, and make sure it's unlocked, Mike. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
310 Posts
Mike, I found a shop that has a $100/hr dyno time. They said I'd get about 4 runs and they charge $25 per tune. Smokin deal I think:bigthumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.