Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several threads on suspension, but they don't really answer my needs.

I currently have 18x9's on my stang and I would like to drop the stance a little bit just so I don't have that huge gap between the tires and wheel well.

So I need some suggestions.
1. I'd like to have a more aggressive stance, but keep the ride quality near the same
2. I'd like to improve cornering

I spoke with Dallas Mustangs they stated if I was only looking to drop an inch to 1.5 that I could just go with the Ford racing springs. I think I may need more than that.

What are my options, what all do I need to purchase?
What can I get away with not purchasing?
Share your stories with me so I can get some ideas.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Frame Bangin' :)

I'm actually looking into dropping my stang as well right now.

american muscle has some really good articles for you to check out as far as suspension and how low you should go and what not. I think that may answer some of your questions!

I know, not MUCH help, but maybe some. So stop by their website and check out the articles on suspension! :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm actually looking into dropping my stang as well right now.

american muscle has some really good articles for you to check out as far as suspension and how low you should go and what not. I think that may answer some of your questions!

I know, not MUCH help, but maybe some. So stop by their website and check out the articles on suspension! :)
That's a good start - Thanks I'll check that out as well

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have Steeds ultra lites on mine with Shelby KR struts and shocks, front drop is about as far as can do, rear could be another half inch or so. Ride is "taught", not harsh but for sure not cushy. Don't know how much is from springs and how much from shocks. Has plenty of downward travel, doesn't compress much at all. Handles like a go cart. Pictures in gallery. Ford racing springs are probably a good choice, have heard they have a softer ride than others.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just got my suspension mods done last Friday. Steeda Ultralite springs, front and rear swaybars, and adjustable panhard bar. The lowered stance looks nice and the car handles like a dream with minimal deterioration in ride quality.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
I've seen several threads on suspension, but they don't really answer my needs.

I currently have 18x9's on my stang and I would like to drop the stance a little bit just so I don't have that huge gap between the tires and wheel well.

So I need some suggestions.
1. I'd like to have a more aggressive stance, but keep the ride quality near the same
2. I'd like to improve cornering

I spoke with Dallas Mustangs they stated if I was only looking to drop an inch to 1.5 that I could just go with the Ford racing springs. I think I may need more than that.

What are my options, what all do I need to purchase?
What can I get away with not purchasing?
Share your stories with me so I can get some ideas.
You can get by with just springs like these: 2005-2011 Ford Mustang GT V6 UPR Pro Series Kit Lowering Springs by Eibach at UPR Products - Lifetime Warranty! but I'd recommend replacing control arms, panhard bar, and struts & shocks eventually.

·
Registered
670 Posts
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-v6-mustang-tech/291028-those-275s-rear.html

the pic of my ride is about halfway down the first page. i just dropped mine 1.1 in front and 1.7 in back on stock shocks/struts and car sits even with no rub (ended up going 245/45 all around but i can go 255's and still be good). depending on the road the ride can be a bit bumpy but for a lowered car it's not bad at all. i willprobably end up stiffening the rear up soon but not in a rush

1 - 7 of 7 Posts