Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was invited to bring my car, to the car show this weed end. I have never taken my car to a car show before. The car show is at my Dealership that I always go to. They are cool about mods,so no worries there. Should I leave the burnt rubber on , or maybe clean her up real good? Yea the later sounds better. :hihi:
ANY suggestions would be great. Thanks:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
348 Posts
just represent :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Leave the rubber. Shows it's a real driver, not a garage queen. Plus you actually race it, not putt around.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never been big into detailing. I'd probably wash and go. :)
I always have it detailed cherry before the track . I will just cherry her out. A good WAX on Wax OFF.:shigrin

·
Registered
661 Posts
The rubber is cool, but I wouldn't leave the rest of it filthy. Any car looks better clean.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Leave the rubber. Shows it's a real driver, not a garage queen.
I agree with this post. I took my car to his first 'show' last weekend. It was a non-judging show, so I didn't go all out or anything. I basically just washed it, waxed it, cleaned up the engine a little, and that was it. :)

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys will do. :bigthumbsup

R

·
0 Posts
i vote for a complete detail....

i'm like you, my car is detailed before it goes anywhere....:)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Really depends on if the show is really a show or just a display. If it is competitive, then it is all about how clean the car is regardless of all the mods. Been there done that a number of times now. On the flip side, some of the small shows that are not really judged using any criteria become popularity contests so just know what you are getting into and be satisfied with the results regardless.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
#1 suggestion and a must.... Bring your camera :gringreen LOL

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Cars are usually displayed with the hood and trunklid left open.
So always remember to remove any illegal drugs from the vehicle.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
#1 suggestion and a must.... Bring your camera :gringreen LOL
You know it baby.:bigthumbsup
Cars are usually displayed with the hood and trunklid left open.
So always remember to remove any illegal drugs from the vehicle.
No drugs but I did get rid of the dead bodies.:laugh:

i vote for a complete detail....

i'm like you, my car is detailed before it goes anywhere....:)
I have been brushing rubber off for 3 hours. I can not believe how much rubber was under there. I might pick up a little on my ET now. Must of had 5 lbs of rubber.

I agree with Reggie... :bigthumbsup
Most days my car is clean before I leave the house for work... :hihi:
Girl has to be looking sexy now.;)

·
Registered
971 Posts
I've never been big into detailing. I'd probably wash and go. :)
^+1000

I a lazy sob when it comes to rubbin on my car all the time. Haven't washed it in a couple of weeks or three. I look at it like this........helps preserve the paint from getting swirl marks. My wife's Solstice will make you dizzy from all the swirl marks because she's rubbin on that damn car more than me :)happyhapp - yes I went there) :D

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
My car is a daily driver but i try my best to do something to clean her up once a week. Whether it be a vacuum of the interior, a washing of the exterior, or just cleaning up the chrome DD bullitts. I give her attention once a week in the cleaning dept. cause she is a DD and everyone should know it. I just like a sexy looking DD :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My car is a daily driver but i try my best to do something to clean her up once a week. Whether it be a vacuum of the interior, a washing of the exterior, or just cleaning up the chrome DD bullitts. I give her attention once a week in the cleaning dept. cause she is a DD and everyone should know it. I just like a sexy looking DD :bigthumbsup
Yea I do the same. I take out the seats and vacume when I go to the track. I wash it before and wax it. Every time I wax it I clean the chrome, and polish it also. I clean the motor weekly also. It is nice driving a clean car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.