Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Going to the dealer on Monday I ordered mind on May 17th what can I ask him to find out when I will get my mustang
Ask for the VIN, they should have one already. And an estimated build date. The window sticker will show up on the web site approximately one week before the build date.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That's pretty quick for a VIN. I ordered mine on 4/12 and just got my VIN on 5/28.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Going to the dealer on Monday I ordered mind on May 17th what can I ask him to find out when I will get my mustang

Relax......I ordered mine 2 months before you did, and they still can't tell me when I will get it.

You can get plenty of ETAs, I've had 3, with the latest being May 4th, but still no car.

·
Registered
244 Posts
That's pretty quick for a VIN. I ordered mine on 4/12 and just got my VIN on 5/28.
I think it depends on the build date. I ordered on 05/10 and got my Vin 3 days ago, build date is 06/03.

Unfortunately, as PTM333 says, once it's built it doesn't mean you get it a week or two later, so be patient :)

·
Registered
567 Posts
I can reassure you on what mattrr12 said also, I ordered mine on 3/29 and still have no car I got my real VIN on April 29th because dealer gave me the wrong vin in mid April! Built on May 14th and still saying Auto Alliance Produced so it is still sitting!! Starting to get impatient now! But there are alot of guys that have been sadly waiting longer than me! From what I hear its worth the wait! :bounce2:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I hope something happens this week because i have been waiting quite some time now build date 4/19 had 3 eta and they still cant tell me when it coming c/s told me last week 2 or 3 weeks already lost the 500 rebate and if it dosent come by july 1 will lose the 750 this is not fun anymore also was going for the 0% and lost that to:?:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I hope something happens this week because i have been waiting quite some time now build date 4/19 had 3 eta and they still cant tell me when it coming c/s told me last week 2 or 3 weeks already lost the 500 rebate and if it dosent come by july 1 will lose the 750 this is not fun anymore also was going for the 0% and lost that to:?:
Kevin, due to the wait/delay you might be able to get customer service to tell the dealer to honor the rebate. Not sure how easy it will be, but mine expires 6/27 and i might have to try too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to the dealer today (4 weeks now) and he said that the VIN number don’t come out until the car start to be built. Is this true? All I got is an order number can anyone tell anything by that. He said it will start being built on the 25th Thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
I went to the dealer today (4 weeks now) and he said that the VIN number don’t come out until the car start to be built. Is this true? All I got is an order number can anyone tell anything by that. He said it will start being built on the 25th Thanks
You should get a VIN number and a window sticker before the build date. See my dates below.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You should get a VIN number and a window sticker before the build date. See my dates below.

Lucky. I ordered mine on 5/24 and I have yet to be scheduled or get a vin number :worship

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered mine on May 22nd, I called the dealer today and she told me that my car is still a sheet of paper in the order pile. No VIN #, hasn't been started being built yet, and no other info. :shrug Her advice was to be patient bc it will still be quite a while before anything happens aka the car is built, nevermind the car actually getting here. I was really hoping it would be here by the 4th so I could show it off to my super jealous family. :sosad:

·
Registered
247 Posts
FYI- I know the waiting sucks, I caved in and bought a car 6k more than the one I ordered, but...
Your build depends on many factors.... How many cars does your dealer have allocated? If you have a smaller dealer, he may not even be able to put your order in for several weeks. Are there any constraints on your car.... Is xxx option available at this moment?
Lots of things can influence how quickly your order is accepeted and built. It sucks, but that's what we have to deal with.
Trust me on this... Your patience will be rewarded!
:)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I ordered mine on May 22nd, I called the dealer today and she told me that my car is still a sheet of paper in the order pile.
BS. Your dealer can order the minute you place the order. Call other dealers in your area and ask if they can place an order. Or use the sponsor from here, Price Ford. He will order, then get your car delivered wherever you want. If your dealer is taking 3 weeks to put an order on the computer, then I would definitely find a better place.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got a VIN and build date within ten days of placing my order. I think your dealer may not be playing straight with you.

Greg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.