Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well . . . I'm gonna go to an actual track tomorrow night and see what she runs. I used to street race a lot when I was a kid, but I have never had an official ET. Anybody know what kind of time I might expect? I'm a better than average driver and the car is set up as below (very few mods).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well, I just ran my '94 GT 5 speed coupe at Fontana (hot, in the 90's) at about 1200ft elevation. I ran a best of 15.6 @ 91 on old Nitto 555's (245/40/18) on 18x9 cobra's. My 60ft's were 2.49 and then 2.6xx's. It sucked.

Then, ran in Bakersfield (mid-high 80's on last runs) last weekend with same mods, plus unbolted front swaybar, loosened front strut nuts (careful not to jump the car:)) and my dad's 235/55/16's at 22psi on stock 16's and it ran 14.8 @ 93, with a best of 2.27 60ft time on last run of night. I was able to launch harder with those tires. Make sure to shift into 4th closer to 5000. No benefit shifting higher in the rpm's. Good luck!
hechtrod out

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, man. It'll be hot here (over 100) because it's Phoenix in the summer . . lol. It will be fun to establish a baseline before I start doing the mods. I just got the car running right and it feels like its making good power.

Future plans for mods are pretty extreme, so I should see some real improvement.

I'll let y'all know how she runs . . . I guess I can scan my timeslip and put it somewhere here?

·
Registered
108 Posts
So, what are your plans? I'm curious to know.

hechtrod out

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty much a completely sick rebuild. I'm going to do either a stroker motor or a 351. Either way, I'm giong to use a blower. I'd like to do a 6 speed. Obviously going to have to do some suspension mods to handle the power. Going to do a body kit, along with new lighting . . prolly cobra R style. And, going to do a custom interior . . . 2-tone red and black leather with some nice carbon fiber accents.

As far as the motor, I'm thinking a 345hp GT40 crate . . . but I may do a 351W . . . I'm thinking the 351W might be easier on pump gas. I'd really like to see upwards of 600 hp after the blower, but that might not be realistic with a streetable small block. We'll see.

It's going to be a long term project, but, the bottom line is that I want to have the sickest 95 GT Rag in town . . . and its a big town . . . lol.

BTW . . they are going to make me wear a freakin helmet at the track . . lmao.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.