Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last weekend I am driving on I-84 doing my usual 78 mph on cruise control. (just looks a lot slower on the laser gun 78 vs. 80 -> never got pulled over)
While passing an other car I think it was a Le Sabre, I see a VW Golf showing up in the rear view mirror and as fast as he came up to me he was doing probably about 90. After I passed the Le Sabre, the guy in the Golf was right next to me and slowing down.
Since I didn't really feel like racing I slowed down to about 70 and thought that the dude with his ground scraping GTI would just drive away, but NO!
He slows down and matches again my 70 mph, which kinda started pi$$ing me off because I don't like to get out of my cruise control mode.
At that time I look over to him and just wonder how somebody so retarded might look like, to my "surprise" the kid wore a baseball cap facing to the right side.
That was it for me... I shift down an other gear, and I take off - he tries to catch up but no chance, the distance in between us gets bigger and bigger and I do some 95 to 100 mph. Just to fast, I just don't like tickets.
So I get off the gas and shift into 5th gear.
Three seconds later, I hear a noise like a sick cow, being about to die. "MMMEEEEUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" and the GTI flies by doing at least 110+ and the diameter of his fart can is measuring about 5 or 6 inches.
I just shake my head, take the next exit, stop at a gas station, have a good coffee and think to my self:
"Z. z. z. fly by in a Golf GTI - aint that something that only the ricers do?"

·
Registered
244 Posts
engineer76 said:
So last weekend I am driving on I-84 doing my usual 78 mph on cruise control. (just looks a lot slower on the laser gun 78 vs. 80 -> never got pulled over)
While passing an other car I think it was a Le Sabre, I see a VW Golf showing up in the rear view mirror and as fast as he came up to me he was doing probably about 90. After I passed the Le Sabre, the guy in the Golf was right next to me and slowing down.
Since I didn't really feel like racing I slowed down to about 70 and thought that the dude with his ground scraping GTI would just drive away, but NO!
He slows down and matches again my 70 mph, which kinda started pi$$ing me off because I don't like to get out of my cruise control mode.
At that time I look over to him and just wonder how somebody so retarded might look like, to my "surprise" the kid wore a baseball cap facing to the right side.
That was it for me... I shift down an other gear, and I take off - he tries to catch up but no chance, the distance in between us gets bigger and bigger and I do some 95 to 100 mph. Just to fast, I just don't like tickets.
So I get off the gas and shift into 5th gear.
Three seconds later, I hear a noise like a sick cow, being about to die. "MMMEEEEUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" and the GTI flies by doing at least 110+ and the diameter of his fart can is measuring about 5 or 6 inches.
I just shake my head, take the next exit, stop at a gas station, have a good coffee and think to my self:
"Z. z. z. fly by in a Golf GTI - aint that something that only the ricers do?"
I made a name for German cars...Jew Burners...
please forward all hate mail to:
5685 E. Smith Ave
Jeffrey, CA 90068

·
Registered
263 Posts
YORCHI said:

That is so wrong.:sterb:

·
Registered
263 Posts
YORCHI said:
hence the hate mail address
Yeah... I saw that one too. Not being a limp noodle here... just an observation. Free speech as they say!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Get used to Golf's doing that. I've had the same exact thing happen to me, only I ended up skipping a few off ramps to mess with him. He kept thinking he could get me, but even when I slowed down and let him pass, I'd just show him up.

They'll never learn, but still fun to hear about.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I figure Japanese cars are called rice burners...what would you call a German car...Jew Burner of course...if it grows into a big thing...let it be known...I said it here first

·
Registered
472 Posts
I had always heard 'Kraut burners".

As some of you know, I briefly had a GTI 1.8T (for about a month or so) between my Ranger and my Mustang. It is sad that ricers got ahold of those cars. They are actually really fun to drive with pretty nice stock interiors and the turbo will push you back in the seat a little if you get on it from a roll. However, some people don't realize that stock or even lightly modded, these cars are quick, not really fast. They certainly aren't going to take a GT without a lot of upgrading (there is one company that claims to have taken an AWD version to over 500 horsepower with a top speed of over 200mph - that is fast by any standards). Problem is, the list of things that went wrong with that thing during the month I had it was a mile long and each thing would have been extremely expensive for me if there had not been a 30 day warranty from the dealer - which is why I went back to Ford.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JB02GT

Agree 100%. Little mods on cars with a turbocharger makes them fly.
My Saab boosts 20 psi without any mods besides ECU, and has 275 HP 310 lbft. From a rolling start this car is a lot faster than a stock GT; just the V8 sound is missing...

·
Registered
102 Posts
YORCHI said:
You ba$tage! That made me choke on my coffee. Almost spewed it on my screen! HAHAHA! Love Engineer76's kill though. The sideways baseball cap is a dead "moron" giveaway.

Next time, ve shoot him und check his teeth fur Gold!

And the funny thing about the name is that my friend had a GTI, and something went horribly wrong with it. While unattended it caught fire at the Vancouver Airport parking lot. Caused quite a stir with airport security as this happened shortly after 9/11. It burned down to the frame, apparently some electrical issue.

·
Registered
69 Posts
hahaaa. Unfortunately, I work for VW as a detail tech, and i take some of those cars out to see how slow they are, and wow are they slow.. 2.0 turbo in most of the ones...look out!! not.

·
Registered
472 Posts
02stangbanginGT said:
hahaaa. Unfortunately, I work for VW as a detail tech, and i take some of those cars out to see how slow they are, and wow are they slow.. 2.0 turbo in most of the ones...look out!! not.
During the short time I had mine I read a few posts in some of the GTI forums, although I never joined. It was funny how the older guys who owned previous generation GTIs were always giving the owners of the newer ones grief about how slow the new ones are compared to the older ones, in spite of the fact that the newer ones have more hp. Apparently, (as would obviously be the case) all the extra weight from safety equipment, stereo equipment and other things added for comfort/style cancels out the extra hp. From what I could tell, it sounded like the older ones were much more reliable, too. I have no experience with the older ones, so can't say for sure. What I do know is that the newer GTI owners could never deny those claims.

·
Registered
365 Posts
JB02GT said:
(there is one company that claims to have taken an AWD version to over 500 horsepower with a top speed of over 200mph - that is fast by any standards).
yea HPA motorsports makes a twin turbo kit for the v6 R32, the only problem is the turbo kit cost as much as the car. lol. My older brother that lives in seatle has an R32. I thing its a bitchen car but thats IMO.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have to admit that I like the look of some hatchbacks, which is part of the reason that '03 GTI caught my attention in the first place. I recently saw commercials for the new GTIs, though (the ones where the drivers' 'Fast' is in the car with them) and I think they are ugly as sin. With that weird-looking front end, they make me think of a cross between a PT Cruiser and a Mazda 3. Of course, the commercial doesn't really give a view from any good angles, so my first impressions could be wrong. I'm just glad I have a Mustang now!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.