Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to convert into dual exhaust im not sure what to buy im looking for that good gt sound money is not really a issue but nothing to must and if you no any good videos so i could get and idea that would be great! thank you and im looking at this right now and im not to sure on the difference on long tube and short tube

Pypes 409 Stainless Steel V6 Dual Pipe Conversion Kit (2005+ V6)

and
JBA Cat4ward Shorty Headers (05-09 V6)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Gotta disagree with you mr will smith, you must be one of those people that hate the drone of exhaust:so lol jk no i would say that pypes is a good brand but they are to quiet for me. i had slp loudmouths on my v6 and i loved them. kept the stock exhaust manifolds and just had my muffler shop build my h pipe, no x pipe makes it sound weird. but slp was my favorite, along with a o/r x pipe and american thunder axelbacks:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
210 Posts
before you put headers on I would do your intake or the their will be no flow and just a waste of money. throw on the slp louds they will work but no offense no matter what exhaust you put on it will never sound like a gt as long as that 6er is under the hood but it will sound good:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
9,216 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
i stayed single exhaust...went with borla axleback. best sounding exhaust for the v6 imo. borla is top quality too, doesnt get any better. search it on youtube. whatch the one with the black vert and the little kid. it sounds even better in person

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i already have my CAI from weapon R just not to sure on the headers i would like but like i said what is the diffrence between long and short and anyone have anyvideos that have good sound or if you know any other good brands of pypes or headers ty

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
well if you want pypes, i must insist that you buy violators, forget about not being loud, ive been told on more than one occasion that my car is the loudest v6 out there. its got a great smooth tone, and it gets deeper when you break them in.
YouTube - violators 4.0 v6 mustang

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
the difference between long and shorty headers is like night and day, new shorties are basiclly the exct same thing s your stockers, just shinier, whereas long tubes will give you a sound boost, as well as a LOT of power

·
Registered
41 Posts
+1 Borla

if you want duels Borla makes a cat system but its like $1,000+ i believe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright thank you silverbullet and yes i would agree on borla but they are very exspensive lol and i will look into violators but just to make sure will any headers connect with my exhaust kit i buy and so long tube headers will increase my sound and horsepower and thats what im lookin for from my headers

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
if you are going long tube headers you will either need a shop to custom make you some pipes that will go from your LT's to your mufflers, or you will need a shorty H or X pipe, prefferebly with cats (less popping)

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
the difference between long and shorty headers is like night and day, new shorties are basiclly the exct same thing s your stockers, just shinier, whereas long tubes will give you a sound boost, as well as a LOT of power
alot of people say that the shortys arent any better than the cast iron, but i dont really agree. i think just by looking at them side by side the shorty will outperform the cast, and it can be calculated into the email tunes with any other mods. (less restriction, and they do look great.) :shiny:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree that the shorty headers wouldn't be that much of a difference--I took a look at mine the other day and the piping coming off each cylinder is very smooth and gradual--which is pretty much what makes a "header" better than an "exhaust manifold" so i hear. Good job to Ford for putting decent parts on there.

Off topic: would you consider the stock V6 "exhaust manifold" a "header"? It sure looks like the shortys without the shine as posted a couple replies back...I'd love to say I have headers and leave out the fact that they're stock lol

I'm in the same boat I want to true dual it up but I don't want to rig it. Some good replies so far!

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you get long tubes do you have to abandon the stock cats coming right off the stock exhaust manifolds?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
If you get long tubes do you have to abandon the stock cats coming right off the stock exhaust manifolds?
yep. you would either have to get something to come in behind the headers and deal with the sensors or just go illigal. the cast manifolds are pretty good. the drivers side is. the passenger side 2 cyl`drs share i tube, and the shortys the tubes go into a larger collector.

·
Registered
11 Posts
gotcha so you get better flow on the passenger side plus better flow overall with larger collectors.... I can see how shortys would make it worthwhile!

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
gotcha so you get better flow on the passenger side plus better flow overall with larger collectors.... I can see how shortys would make it worthwhile!
i think so, esp for 100.00. i was gonna get the jba`s for 300.00 but other than the name, and they claim legal in ca. i dont think they were that much better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.