Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at stronger clutches to upgrade to, and with that comes more pedal effort that can stress the stock cable, so i'll have to step up the cable. I've read about SR and Steeda clutch cables. Most reviews were good but some were bad, saying the cable snapped within a year of use. Does anyone have these cables and had any problems with em?

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Do some more searching and you will see that aftermarket cables suck. They make the pedal effort harder and they end up breaking.

Use an OEM Ford cable. Maximum Motorsports sells them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, now what about the clutch quadrants? Aren't those made of plastic and its recommended to upgrade to a steel quadrant?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to that website and looked at their research. Turns out you're right, that Ford's cables are stronger than those aftermarket adjustable cables. So would your recommend buying the OEM cable, MM's clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster?

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I've never actually heard of a plastic quadrant breaking. I could see it happening with a heavy clutch made to hold 500-600 rwhp.

I had issues with a UPR quadrant not having enough cable travel and the clutch not releasing all the way. After that I tried the MM setup and love it and that's all I'm ever going to run in the future.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man. I'll be sure to buy their full package, the cable quadrant and firewall adjuster when i upgrade my clutch, and i'm gonna only step up to a RAM HDX clutch. I think they hold up to 350 hp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts