Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking to buy a 2005+ GT in the last couple weeks, and I came across one that has 94,000 miles, premium, for 12,995.

Is this a good deal, or stay away from mustangs with that many miles altogether?

Thanks alot in advance for your replies!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
531 Posts
i wouldnt pay that much for a 6 yr old car

·
Registered
377 Posts
DON"T BUY IT!

Look around, you can find tons of low mileage mustangs that are reasonably priced, especially in the states. I bought my 2006 GT for 22k Canadian last year and it only had 5500 miles. ( no that is not a typo, 5500 miles).

Also, if you've only been looking for a couple weeks, do your research before you buy one, find out the kinds of problems they can have. Don't settle, figure out what color, options you want and then go look for YOUR car!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
IMO - low miles is much more important than model year. Like Clocked92, I'm sure you can find a deal on a low mileage car with some patience, there's lots of them out there, and you can then probably find one in the color you want.

My wife wanted a specific German convertible sports car in red, we found one with 18k miles after a single day of Internet searching 200 miles away for less than 1/3 of new, when few were made in red, and it was more than worth driving a few hours to buy it.

Not saying you can't find a 1x,000 mile Mustang closer to you, but they're definitely out there :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Unless you're going to gut it and drop a built engine and stuff, I wouldn't spend that much on something with close to 100k. Even then I probably wouldn't offer more than 10k.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Definitely too high with that kind of mileage. I just (2 days ago) picked up an '05 GT with 57k miles for $12,700 and that was from a dealer. Supposedly female driven, garaged in winter (New England), etc.

I may have been able to pay less if I shopped around a bit longer but I needed a car quick so I paid the $$. I wouldn't have even considered shopping for an '05 with near 100k miles for that price.

FWIW: If you need a carfax run just shoot me a PM. I have an account with 2 or 3 unused reports and need to use them before the account expires next month.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot for all the replies, as of now there aren't really any choices around me for a mustang. I wasn't too sure on the car cause my father always told me never to get a car with 100k miles, but i figured maybe these mustangs wont have serious problems after 100k but i'll just wait for a bit longer, which brings me to another question.

What are some common problems you guys are experiencing with these mustangs?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I've never had a single problem with mine since driving it off the dealer lot brand new. :bigthumbsup

Matter of fact, it hasnt been back to a dealer since, for anything.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have 40,000 miles on mine, never been to the shop except for installing 4.10 gears,

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
To many miles, you can find something with less miles, take your time :yup:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thanks a lot for all the replies, as of now there aren't really any choices around me for a mustang. I wasn't too sure on the car cause my father always told me never to get a car with 100k miles, but i figured maybe these mustangs wont have serious problems after 100k but i'll just wait for a bit longer, which brings me to another question.

I always try to set a maximum of 30K miles when buying a used car. I would definitely stay away from the car you mentioned. It is way overpriced for having that many miles. 94,000 miles is a lot, even if they were mostly easy highway miles.

Not sure why you're having trouble finding used Mustangs. I live in the Chicago area and have seen literally dozens of 05+ GTs sitting on dealership lots near me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I only have at the most 15000 to spend on a car, thats why its a little harder. What dealerships in Chicago are you referring to? I'd like to check them out. Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been damn near living on autotrader.com and cars.com the last couple weeks. Not much luck. I mean I know my price range isn't the best but I'm pretty sure I could still find a great GT for the price i can afford. At least I hope...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought a 2006 convert premium with 61000 for 14k i looked for about a year as all that i saw previous were way overpriced and this 1 i thought was a smoking deal

·
Registered
636 Posts
If you haven't used it already try crazedlist.org.. you have to do some quick edits to firefox to get it to work but the site instructs you on what to do and it's simple.

That site lets you search multiple craiglist regions at once. I use it all the time.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I only have at the most 15000 to spend on a car, thats why its a little harder. What dealerships in Chicago are you referring to? I'd like to check them out. Thanks!
Oh, now I understand; you're up against a hard spending limit. That explains it. Most of the ones around me are probably listing for over that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts