Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put on all my bolt on which were 75mm MA, 75mmTB, trick flow track heat upper and lower, 170cc tfs heads,24lbs injectors, B303 cam, and sn89 paxton 6psi of boost. and it dyno at 400 at the fly and 300 rwhp and 325 lbs torque. what eles can be done to get a extra 50 hp

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Good choice on the intake, but the heads are too small should be at least 185's. With 185's it would breath much better, plus a number of other things you could change like the cam for one. Injectors should go to 30# with a Pro-M MAF calibrated to match. I could go on, but you'll understand what I'm trying to say. Your engine should have done, at least 340RWHP the way it sits with 400HP at the crank. It just needs to breath remember all it is, is just an air pump the more you get in and out the more effecient you make it and the more power it will produce, Mike. SCT Tuner. :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
336 Posts
You an auto trans cold23?

Better cam would help out a bunch might want to look into it. Just remember with the TFS heads you might run into valve clearance issues with the higher lift cams.

Robert

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i have a set of 3:73 gears in the rear, do you also think cold air induction would help also

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I have a hard time seeing 400 at the crank with 25% loss in drivetrain on a t5. Id stick on a meth kit or run 50# inj and e85 gas. <<< The E85 is your best bet cheaper on gas and will up your hp to what you want. You could change to 10 psi but then you would really want some type of cooling agent because detonation would be haunting you. A power pipe would help if you dont have one

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Good choice on the intake, but the heads are too small should be at least 185's. With 185's it would breath much better, plus a number of other things you could change like the cam for one. Mike. SCT Tuner.
Sorry, Mike, the cross section of the TW 170cc head and the AFR are essentially the same - the TW head has a shorter port so there is no restriction to flow as you imply. The TW head will make all the power a 185 head will.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Are you running an aod? 25% drivetrain loss seems like a lot

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no i have a 5 speed, the guy that dyno my stang informed me that my belt slipping off my paxton because the pullet that is attached to the crank is off by a little. and once i get that taken care of it will make 6psi instead of the 4psi it putting out so i think i can get that 325 at the rw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.