Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on putting frpp k springs on my 05 GT but as I understand the stock strut mounts are weak especially with a lowered ride hieght. I was planning on installing everything but my shop qouted me 1hr labor charge to install/adjust camber with camber bolts. I was wondering about installing steeda or J&M adjustable strut mounts on my own, and just pay for alignment.

Hopefully I dont have to pay for adjusting camber on the adjustable mounts because Im not crazy about spending 230-300 bones on strut mounts but if I dont have to spend for 1hr labor for adjusting camber with bolts then Ill just spring for the mounts. Oh yeah I plan on trying my stock shocks/struts with the new springs for a while before i most likely switch to a sport shock/struts. Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think once ya get the springs out, installing the c/c plates should be easy. I have decided on the Maximum Motorsports c/c plates.
American Muscle has them for for my 1995 GT for $199, free shipping, sale price right now. . I think the sale is still on maybe not.

Yeah you will HAVE TO get the car aligned after the install.

I should be installing them in 3 weeks or less. I have the Ford C springs, not installed yet. So I'm planning on ordering the M&M C/C plates, Bilstein HDs, poly spring isolators, and I'm tossing around the idea of rear lower control arms.

My plan is to completely remove the rear end and fuel tank, cleaning and painting everything, but I might just slap in the parts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yo

Did you have to pay anybody for camber adjustment on top of regular alignment?

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
Im planning on putting frpp k springs on my 05 GT but as I understand the stock strut mounts are weak especially with a lowered ride hieght. I was planning on installing everything but my shop qouted me 1hr labor charge to install/adjust camber with camber bolts. I was wondering about installing steeda or J&M adjustable strut mounts on my own, and just pay for alignment.

Hopefully I dont have to pay for adjusting camber on the adjustable mounts because Im not crazy about spending 230-300 bones on strut mounts but if I dont have to spend for 1hr labor for adjusting camber with bolts then Ill just spring for the mounts. Oh yeah I plan on trying my stock shocks/struts with the new springs for a while before i most likely switch to a sport shock/struts. Thanks!
If you want the ability, or someday see wanting the ability to set your alignment at non OEM “performance” settings getting the CC plates is the way to go.

Otherwise the camber bolts are a reasonable solution.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yo

How do you feel about the stock strut mount reliability?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.