1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Good reading thanks

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
great stuff. glad i read it. I still don't know what 90% of it is though :so haha

·
Registered
487 Posts
Cool read. I am surprised they said the block had four bolt mains----it actually has 6, four in the typical location which you can see in the pics, but also each main cap has two cross bolts. (Bolt from the engine skirt into the side of the main cap)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Interesting stuff! Aren't the Foxbody "5.0's" actually only 4.9 liter engines as well?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'm saving that for the next time when the fireplace is fired up and I am looking to hunker down with a good book.....

In other words, you should all know me by now....it might as well be written in Chinese......lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm saving that for the next time when the fireplace is fired up and I am looking to hunker down with a good book.....

In other words, you should all know me by now....it might as well be written in Chinese......lol
I got JUST the thing for you then... V.I.D.E.O!!!

New - Livernois Motorsports - Videos

I like the fly by vid :D Black Mustang doing 170mph... what can you possibly NOT love about that!?!?!?!? :happyhapp

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I've read a similar article in MM&FF (I believe) and while I don't doubt their skills when it comes to this stuff, I'm still curious about the displacement. Why do they stop at 298 and some go all the way to 302? I've read where people have issues with the knock sensors when stroking it out that far, but that was on other forums and it doesn't seem to be a consistent problem and I've heard no one on here mention them. I can't remember their reasoning, but I do distinctly remember Livernois stating that they weren't going to stroke past 298ci.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.