Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Tires

It's time for some new tires on my 89 lx. I have 225/55/zr16's on there and they are practically bald. This LX was originally a 4cyl car if it makes a difference, however with the 8cyl dropped in I need a good hook and tires are a must. I won't be driving the car during the winter so I want some good tires that'll help my launch? can someone help me with sizes and brands? what do you think I should get?

Thanks in advance,
Henry

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pirelli Tires

I have tried many over the years. Yoko,GSC,Pirelli,Dunlops,etc. My favorite tire is the Pirelli 7000 Supers. I have Yokohoma A520's on my car now and was talked into them by my local tire dealer. They are total garbage!! I had Yoko AVS intermediates before on my cobra and hated them. I can't believe I was talked into Yoko's again. They wear awful, howl, pull all over the road, and ride like a rock. I will soon be going back to the Pirelli 7000's. They ride nice, grip like drag radial's, and wear great. Everytime I would get them balanced, they would tell me that there was nothing to balance, they are perfect. Anyway thats my recommendation and I am pretty picky about tires.

Dunlops would be my runner up. Goodyears I don't hate, but have not been impressed with their grip or ride. GSC's were pretty good.

Hope this helps!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Help me Choose between these two tires

If you had to choose between these two, which would you put on your Mustang LX 5.0

Bridgestone Potenza RE010 or BFGoodrich Comp T/A ZR ?????

Any help, suggestions and/or advise much appreciated

Jim Sheats
[email][email protected][/email]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Help me Choose between these two tires

Sorry don't have an LX, however, I am running the Bridgestone Potenza's on my 95. And I have no complaints so far. Have not had an time on the BFGoodrich Comps so I can't say anything about them. Good Luck in your quest.

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Help me Choose between these two tires

I have read alot of good things about both. Both tires seem to have excellent reviews and a loyal following. Both are considered high quality, ultra high performance with a solid track record. While I have no hands on experience with the Bridgestone Potenza's, I have run B.F. Goodridge Comp T/A ZR rated tires on my stang for the last 5 years. These tires provide a very good ride with incredible stickiness to the road. Really inspires confidence in the corners. After reading all the reviews on the Bridgestone Potenza's I am considering those as my next set of shoes for my stang. I have read alot of good things about one of the Firestone tires also. Trying to remember the name but I'm drawing blanks right now. (I'll update my post as soon as I think of it).

The reason I am switching from B.F Goodridge is not that they don't perform but for two main reasons. I think regardless of price, there are bettter tires out there such as the Potenza's and speaking of price Comp T/A's IMO are definately overpriced for what you get.

In the five+ years I have been running them I have had several blowouts, one of them on a relatively new tire (less than 3,000 miles). This does nothing to instill confidence in their reliability. Besides all that, I have learned their warranty sucks! While I will be moving to a new set of threads for these reasons listed, I would like to emphasis, as far as performance they sure do stick to the road.

Hope this is of some help to you in your decision. Looking forward to reading more comments from others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.