Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 70mm throttle body 70mm coldair intake 2.5" dual maganaflow exhaust stock headers.

i bought the sct xcal3 and don't know what to put any of the setting at such as spark plug advance wot air/fuel shift point exct was wondering if anyone could help me out.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Do you have an auto tranny?

Do not mess with any of the timing or fuel settings. Those are meant for highly experienced operators who know what they are doing and have the tools in place to adjust them. Any changes in those settings can damage your motor.

Just install the performance tune that it came with and run 93 octane. You can adjust shift points if you have an auto, but that's about it for now until you start adding gears and such.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Don't touch anything, you haven't enough modifications done to your car to even worry about it. Whoever tuned your car, and left that option open wasn't too bright. When you tune using SCT Advantage 3 software, you have an option to download the tune file with or without the user adjustable options. Whenever I do a tune file, for someone who has no tuning experience I download without the options of user adjustablity. Even people with tuning experience, I leave that option closed unless he has a heavily modded car and may need to adjust his fuel or timing tables at the track. With what you have done to your car, I would not touch anything at all or you may screw-up the whole tune file and wonder why your car is running like SH*T!!! Leave it alone, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Don't touch anything, you haven't enough modifications done to your car to even worry about it. Whoever tuned your car, and left that option open wasn't too bright. When you tune using SCT Advantage 3 software, you have an option to download the tune file with or without the user adjustable options. Whenever I do a tune file, for someone who has no tuning experience I download without the options of user adjustablity. Even people with tuning experience, I leave that option closed unless he has a heavily modded car and may need to adjust his fuel or timing tables at the track. With what you have done to your car, I would not touch anything at all or you may screw-up the whole tune file and wonder why your car is running like SH*T!!! Leave it alone, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup
I'm one of those guys who can mess with my tune, but I know what I'm doing. The average guy does not.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.