Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I wne to see Saw 2 Last night... on my way home I was driving along the main street in Oak Ridge TN toward Clinton. I was MMOB and as I passed thru an intersection there was a late 80's CRX with minimal stickers and Chraom rims with GFX kits and a white(primer) Civic with green neons behind him. THey pull out behind me and we just kind of go thru traffic. The go around me but there is too much traffic to do anything .After leaving the "town" area when the Highway opens up I speed up to catch up with them, and pull around to pull up beside them and neitherr jumps out so I speed around and pull back into the right lane and slow back to 55.

So the whit eone comes up first.... throws a rev.. I rev back and put it into 3rd(doing about 60) and wait. I never fire first with ricers:laughlitt So he goes... I go and by 80-85 I had a car length and let off... he catches up and slows down with me to about 40... This time I go from Second anb by 80 had pulled many cars on him. So, he falls back as we slow, and I felt kind of like I was being baited because the Black CRX comes up... and I was wondering but I didn't hear a Turbo:winks

Same as above... go from about 60 the first time and I pull on him and the run 1/2 throttle and to toy with him and the hammer it. Then we slowed to about 40 and I ran up to about 100 on that pull and left aboutr 5 to 6 car lengths between us.

Odd part is... no Ricer Fly Bys... No huge Stickers or Wings. So, when thy pull up beside me and wave me over to a grocery store parking lot... I get out and chat with them. The guy driving the CRX had a I Love My Honda Shirt on.. but other than that they were cool. They told me they just wanted to see what the new Mustang would do because they hadn't seen one run yet. :winks

BUt they actually knew what they were talking about and weren't all ricey. They said they were both their project cars and were not sure what they would end up doing to them before it was all said and done, but I guess in a way we are all like that. So we exchanged pleasantries and they told me where to go meet up with car guys around here as I am knew to the are and don't know where the scene is.

Sum it all up... not all Imports Drivers are Ricers:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Yeah, you're right Kyle. The ricer kids of today are the same as the hippy-type dirtbags of the seventies and eighties, who gave musclecars a bad name. Many of 'em are just waiting for the day that they can have a V8, and run with the big boys...
I traded my '84 to a dude, Tony, who has a talon that is riced out. So I've reformed one. He moved down to Tennessee too, but I don't know which part. The '84 is in my gallary, so if you see one running around, it may be my old one. It's one of the few cars I've owned which could actually still be driven when I got rid of it.:evillol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.