Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got up this Morning and the Sun was out, what a difference from all the Rain we've been having, so I decided to go get the Sunday Paper and take out the Stang for a ride befor I went to work.
On the way there I spied a Beautiful Red with White Striped Mustang GT 500 comming up on me. As we got to the light he pulled along side of me and gave me the Big Thumbs Up and said Nice Stang are you going to the Car Show, I said No, he said you got a Real Nice Looking Car there, I said so do you and have a Good Time, he drove off waving......
I was kinda Surprised that a GT 500 Owner with a Showroom Condition Mustang worth way more than mine gave me a Compliment, it felt good. I guess not all Mustang Owners who own GT 500's or the like snob at V6's. Later at work I got a call from a Friend who was at the Car Show and asked why I was'nt there, I said I did'nt know about it and had to work anyway.
After work I took another drive in My Mustang as it was gonna Rain again tonight, and Boy did it, High Winds and Hail! But befor the Rain driving I saw a-lot of Cars that must have been at the Show passing by me, and I got another Thumbe up from a fellow Mustang Owner.
It felt good to know Mustang Owners are such Good People:bigthumbsup it made me Proud to be a Fellow Mustang Owner.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nice....I love getting compliments on my car too...A GT circa 90s, told me my exhaust sounded beefy.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
It's always nice to see that. Some guy around here owns a GT500 and everytime I pass by him he waves at me, and I wave back. I've never actually talked to the guy

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I'd like to see more of that around here. You see bikers acknowledge each other. Although the nods I have received have been from people who obviously care about their Stangs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I always throw my hand up when I pass by somebody in the same vehicle as me, I owned a jeep wrangler before my mustang and it was a part of the jeep culture to give the jeep wave. So next time you pass a fellow mustang dont forget to give a big :wavey

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's a car to be proud of, that's for sure. I didn't have the same pride for my Hyundai Elantra! :shigrin

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems like the only time I get a Thumbs Up from a fellow Stang Owner is when there's a Car Show in or near Town. But then again there's not too many Mustang Owners around here. There's a Older Couple that had a 03 Stang that live on the Main Rd just off My Road and I used to see them a-lot in their Mustang when I was Crusing around, guess what, they Traded in the 03 and Bought a Red 08 V6, they hardly drive it like me, it's Mostly Garaged, I guess I wore off on them:gringreen
There's also a couple of 05-09 V6's that People drive the Crap out of, never Wash, Drive through the Winter and look Terrible. Everytime I see them Parked in the Wal Mart Parking Lot I just shake My Head when I see the awful condition there in, they dont care about them there just a Car for these People.
There's onr Older real nice Fox Body that I see every now and then but that's about it. I dont see any GT's execpt on the Used Car Lots and Nothing newer than 09, it's Pretty Mustangless around here. There are a-lot of Chevy Camaro's V6 and V8's I quess it's a Chevy Area.
So there's not many at all Nice Mustangs around here and it's Nice to see some Crusing by when there's a Car Show and it's even Nicer to get a Wave and a Big Thumbs Up from them when I pass em by:bigthumbsup
Oh come to think of it I never got a :bigthumbsup from a Chevy Camaro SS or V6, just a Glare like I've been seen with his Girlfriend or something:gringreen

·
Registered
31 Posts
It seems like the only time I get a Thumbs Up from a fellow Stang Owner is when there's a Car Show in or near Town. But then again there's not too many Mustang Owners around here. There's a Older Couple that had a 03 Stang that live on the Main Rd just off My Road and I used to see them a-lot in their Mustang when I was Crusing around, guess what, they Traded in the 03 and Bought a Red 08 V6, they hardly drive it like me, it's Mostly Garaged, I guess I wore off on them:gringreen
There's also a couple of 05-09 V6's that People drive the Crap out of, never Wash, Drive through the Winter and look Terrible. Everytime I see them Parked in the Wal Mart Parking Lot I just shake My Head when I see the awful condition there in, they dont care about them there just a Car for these People.
There's onr Older real nice Fox Body that I see every now and then but that's about it. I dont see any GT's execpt on the Used Car Lots and Nothing newer than 09, it's Pretty Mustangless around here. There are a-lot of Chevy Camaro's V6 and V8's I quess it's a Chevy Area.
So there's not many at all Nice Mustangs around here and it's Nice to see some Crusing by when there's a Car Show and it's even Nicer to get a Wave and a Big Thumbs Up from them when I pass em by:bigthumbsup
Oh come to think of it I never got a :bigthumbsup from a Chevy Camaro SS or V6, just a Glare like I've been seen with his Girlfriend or something:gringreen
I usually don't get too many waves myself, Im usually the first one to wave at the other person. A lot of times I get a look like why the heck are you waving at me lol. If the car is pretty beat up then I don't wave but if it looks like they take pride in their car I'll throw a wave.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I call it the "stang wave." There's a nicely modded GT in my neighborhood and everytime we pass we'll wave. Kinda like bikers do

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
If I'm not in a situation where I need both hands to keep from crashing or looking stupid, I always wave to other Mustang drivers, whether or not they have time to wave back. I think it is better to do it and have it misfire or make the other driver's jaw drop or brow wrinkle than to miss the chance to bring even a little light into a Mustanger's day.

:wavey

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
It's funny, but everytime I pass another Mustang on the street, I'll look over and the driver is ALWAYS looking back at me. I usually throw up the thumbs up (unless it's some young punk, then I wont cause I'd be afraid he'll think it's some gang sign or something lol) but I usually never get it returned.

Usually the Stang owners around here look like they want to kill you or something. They give you a look like "Your stang is a piece of S*it and mine is the best"

It should be more like a family like the bikers, but in Chicago, it's more of a competition.

Wanna hear something awful? There's a guy by my house who owns, I'd say an 08, 09 GT500. White with blue stripes. The thing is ALWAYS filthy. I mean, Dirty, mud everywhere, barely see through the windows. And it's modded. The guy even had side exhaust put on. I wanna wait outside for him and ask him what the hell is wrong with him, but it aint my car so hell with em.

It's funny because if we were driving side by side, my car would probably get all the looks, even though his is much better:laugh:

-Chris

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
It's funny, but everytime I pass another Mustang on the street, I'll look over and the driver is ALWAYS looking back at me. I usually throw up the thumbs up (unless it's some young punk, then I wont cause I'd be afraid he'll think it's some gang sign or something lol) but I usually never get it returned.

Usually the Stang owners around here look like they want to kill you or something. They give you a look like "Your stang is a piece of S*it and mine is the best"

It should be more like a family like the bikers, but in Chicago, it's more of a competition.

Wanna hear something awful? There's a guy by my house who owns, I'd say an 08, 09 GT500. White with blue stripes. The thing is ALWAYS filthy. I mean, Dirty, mud everywhere, barely see through the windows. And it's modded. The guy even had side exhaust put on. I wanna wait outside for him and ask him what the hell is wrong with him, but it aint my car so hell with em.

It's funny because if we were driving side by side, my car would probably get all the looks, even though his is much better:laugh:

-Chris
That's not even right :nono: He should sell it

·
Registered
221 Posts
There are 2 guys on base that drive blacked out mustang GT's. they look identical to from the front, but one has a spoiler, and the other doesn't.

The one without the spoiler looks at me with disgust every time he passes. The guy with the spoiler waves and has asked if I was interested in trading vehicles.

I said no, of course, my red with white stripes is SEEEEXY! I think the guy without the spoiler is jealous. XP

·
Registered
128 Posts

-Chris
That's so sad. I keep my stang super clean and it always hurts me to see another mustang that isn't taken care of. I once saw a GT that looked like it had been mud-bogging. :run_over:

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's so sad. I keep my stang super clean and it always hurts me to see another mustang that isn't taken care of. I once saw a GT that looked like it had been mud-bogging. :run_over:

+1 on that, mustangs look too good clean to drive them dirty!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea I would'nt take My Mustang out unless it was Toatlly Detailed to the Max (it is always anyway:bigthumbsup) If I go for a quick Cruise and get some Bugs on the Winshield and Front Bumper I clean them off with a quick Wax and Glass Pluss on the Windows. Then when I get back after the final day's ride she gets a complete deatil inside and out. My Stang is never dirty, I wish I had a Nickle for every time I Detailed it I'd have enough Money to Buy a New BOSS 302:gringreen
Some Guy's just dont care about there Mustangs, it's just a Car to them or there Lazy, either way I look at it this way, if you dont clean and keep your Stang Clean then you dont care much about other things. A Super Clean Mustang says a-lot about the Person that owns it:winks

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Yea I would'nt take My Mustang out unless it was Toatlly Detailed to the Max (it is always anyway:bigthumbsup) If I go for a quick Cruise and get some Bugs on the Winshield and Front Bumper I clean them off with a quick Wax and Glass Pluss on the Windows. Then when I get back after the final day's ride she gets a complete deatil inside and out. My Stang is never dirty, I wish I had a Nickle for every time I Detailed it I'd have enough Money to Buy a New BOSS 302:gringreen
Some Guy's just dont care about there Mustangs, it's just a Car to them or there Lazy, either way I look at it this way, if you dont clean and keep your Stang Clean then you dont care much about other things. A Super Clean Mustang says a-lot about the Person that owns it:winks
I bet you've detailed yours more times than you have driven it :gringreen

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bet you've detailed yours more times than you have driven it :gringreen
I think Im almost even on that one:gringreen It's Completely Detailed after each and every Drive, even if it's only for a Ride around Town and back.
The Windows are what get's cleaned more than anything, I HATE Dirty Windows, even a little Bug Juice get's me going. I also believe that keeping your Windows Clean keeps the Dirt and Dust out of the inside of your Doors, because if you have Clean Windows all the time then each time you roll down your windows a Clean Window goes inside the Door,,,,,just my Theroy on that one:yelwacko:

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Ron, Now if we can only get you to drive in the rain one time then all your fears about it will fade away :gringreen:gringreen

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ron, Now if we can only get you to drive in the rain one time then all your fears about it will fade away :gringreen:gringreen
Steve dont you remember last Fall when I went to My First ever Car Show, as they were announcing the Winners (and I was waiting for them to call My number:gringreen) the sky was getting Ugly.....I felt a sprinkle. I got the Wife and we split in a Hurry......about a mile from Home it strated to Sprinkle and it was'nt enough to get the Road Wet but I did get some Rain Drops on the Stang. I thought I was gonna have a Stroke:laugh:
I pulled in the Garage and spent the next 2 Hours Detaining it.......Does that Count:gringreen

1 - 20 of 35 Posts