Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 12 gt/cs and I'm looking for the perfect exhaust ( who isn't?)

I have the hush powers now and its just not what I was looking for. I've had a 2001 GT with flow master 40s and loved it. Had a 2008 with gt500 exhaust and like it too,but thought it was a bit quiet at times, but no drone was nice.

My concern is around town driving... I don't want it to be obnoxious but I want to know it's a mustang. Is the S type for me? How is it stop light to stoplight?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Borla ATAK on my 2011 GT and I love it. It's only really loud when you get on it, at cruising speeds its just a nice rumble. The exhaust also, has no drone across the rpm range which is a huge plus when you just want to role the windows up and have a conversation with your passengers. I would highly recommend the ATAK, it just sounds amazing and always puts a smile on my face when driving.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks adroc. Most videos seem to sound a little raspier than the S. Not sure if I prefer that.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
+1 on the Borla ATAK

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The S just seems like the right note. I just want to make sure I'll be able to go through the gears normally and not sound like I'm flooring it. It should only sound like WOT at WOT. Any videos of going through the gears smoothly?

Don't get me wrong...I want it to roar, but only when I say so.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love my S-type exhaust. If you don't push it hard, it's not bad at all. The video clips don't do it justice IMHO. It is pretty loud when you first start the car in the morning and let it warm up for a minute or two until it idles down.

·
Registered
233 Posts
S type is awesome for me. Its a huge difference from stock- its loud when you want it to be and quiet at cruising speed. No drone at all.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I love my S-type exhaust. If you don't push it hard, it's not bad at all. The video clips don't do it justice IMHO. It is pretty loud when you first start the car in the morning and let it warm up for a minute or two until it idles down.
S type is awesome for me. Its a huge difference from stock- its loud when you want it to be and quiet at cruising speed. No drone at all.
+1...

It's perfect. It's a much deeper or richer tone in person. It's perfect, and exactly what I was looking for. I almost bought the Touring set, but I'm so glad I didn't. It's exactly as loud as your right foot makes it. Wife and I did 500 mile round trip cruise up to Maine this weekend and it was unnoticeable at 80MPH cruising.

Beware, you will get addicted to the cold start sound very quickly, and there is no cure except for more cold starts... :hihi::hihi:

I work on the second floor near the windows so I can see the car, and about 20m before I leave I will start it remotely (so it's not 150 degrees in the car) and every head in the parking lot, and at the smoke break pad will turn and stare.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Remote start is way more fun now with a better exhaust!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Can't go wrong with the S-Type. Blew my expectations out of the water. As far as aggressiveness, it can be as tame or as wild as you want it. If anyone mistakingly thinks you're flooring it from a stoplight, you can always floor it for real and let them hear that they were dead wrong.

On a side note, after installing mine and seeing the substantial difference in the size of the exhaust tips from stock, the factory tips look weird. They seem very small for the openings in the valence.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. I got a sweet deal on the Borla S and they are on the way! Installed tomorrow!!!!

I'll report back.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Can one of you that have the S please take a side close up pic of the tips ? I'd like to see how far they stick out past the rear valence .
Thanks

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Can one of you that have the S please take a side close up pic of the tips ? I'd like to see how far they stick out past the rear valence .
Thanks
Everyone is different. You adjust to suit your taste. Some like them flush, some like them sticking out 5 inches.

·
Registered
503 Posts
My S-Type arrives tomorrow, looking at a Sat morning install. Really pumped myself.

Signiture update coming soon!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Boral S just installed! PERFECT!! Love the sound...so glad I did not go with the touring. It's not obnoxiously loud it's just sweet music.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
525 Posts
Boral S just installed! PERFECT!! Love the sound...so glad I did not go with the touring. It's not obnoxiously loud it's just sweet music.:bigthumbsup
I wouldn't mind hearing it in person. Bring it on down here, I'm only 40 minutes away.:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Are we talking axleback or catback? I'm sold on the S-type but I'm trying to decide between the axle or the cat. Any advice? Is there a significant difference in sound between the two?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts