Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is kinda funny,

My friend chris has a 93 V6 Camaro... 3.4 liter with the works, cylinder heads, cam, intake, headers and alot of other stuff, but needless to say it is slow and he knows it.... he will even admit it...

enter some guy who happens to be the brother of a girl im talking to...

he has a 95 V6 Firebird with the same sorry 3.4 liter v6 that is BONE STOCK... BONE STOCK.... 5 SPD

he challenged me to race which is down in tifton.... he has never met me but already says he can outdrive me on a stick.... and how he smokes LT-1 Z28 Camaros, and 5.0 mustangs all day long.... his sister even calls him out, saying his car is slow... but just to pique ppls interest

what is faster

a 95 Z28 Camaro LT1 (Stock), or a 95 V6 Firebird (Stock).... ok now I think we know the answer to this...

what is faster 95 Mustang V6 or a 95 Mustang GT.. ok we know the answer to that one.....

now what is faster... a 95 V6 mustang or a 95 V6 firebird?

ok im guessing the mustang, so if a v6 is faster then why bother challenging a V8?

the girl is like, yeah he has owned japanese cars and thought they were fast, so maybe that can give you some insight to his mentality....

Now I know the answer to this next question but obviously he don't....

what is faster 95 Mustang GT 5.0 or a 3.4 Liter Pontiac Firebird V6?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
may I also add that he has never been to a race track and ran his car! he has only attended a autocross event!

·
Registered
240 Posts
i really dont think there is much to say about this one. the older firebirds are nothing special at all. i raced one last weekend in my neighborhood and he really couldnt keep up. and i have a V6, enough said.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i figured this much

·
Registered
129 Posts
ok its not too much here to touch on, i think we all know the answer to those, the only real challenge would be that v6 stang vs the firebird, but they didnt put the 3.8 in the firebirds till later so even then, i just think the gut is crazy, so you should just run him and keep it floored until like 130 or so, i mean just kill all his hopes and dreams, then maybe he will go home and kill himself, but seriosly though dont waste your time gas is too expensive

·
Registered
607 Posts
Race him for his sister and whoop that firechicken :hihi:

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
take him out and shut him up....be careful....send him home crying,lol....

·
Registered
2,361 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Now it's my understanding the 93 and up v-6 Camaro had the 3.8 liter 200hp/220tq engine. The Firebird version started with the 95 model. The 94-95 5.0's are rated a 215/275 but are very S-L-O-W. Of cours I had a 1995 Mustang GTS for 8 years and it was a pig bone stock. I had a 5 speed with 2.73 gears. I didn't think it could get any slower but my brother in law had a 95 5.0 with an auto...so yeah, it got slower. So if the car is a 3.8 liter, could be close. If it's the old 160hp 3.4l, probably not close....all else being equal.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Now it's my understanding the 93 and up v-6 Camaro had the 3.8 liter 200hp/220tq engine. The Firebird version started with the 95 model. The 94-95 5.0's are rated a 215/275 but are very S-L-O-W. Of cours I had a 1995 Mustang GTS for 8 years and it was a pig bone stock. I had a 5 speed with 2.73 gears. I didn't think it could get any slower but my brother in law had a 95 5.0 with an auto...so yeah, it got slower. So if the car is a 3.8 liter, could be close. If it's the old 160hp 3.4l, probably not close....all else being equal.
Bingo. The new 4.0 has 200 hp and the old GT had 215. A set of 2.73's and that GT will never have a chance! Same thing with the Firebird. He could smoke your bud and make him look like a retard.

Gears for the win. A GT with 4.10s would own him so bad, he'd cry.

·
Registered
38 Posts
this is kinda funny,

My friend chris has a 93 V6 Camaro... 3.4 liter with the works, cylinder heads, cam, intake, headers and alot of other stuff, but needless to say it is slow and he knows it.... he will even admit it...

enter some guy who happens to be the brother of a girl im talking to...

he has a 95 V6 Firebird with the same sorry 3.4 liter v6 that is BONE STOCK... BONE STOCK.... 5 SPD

he challenged me to race which is down in tifton.... he has never met me but already says he can outdrive me on a stick.... and how he smokes LT-1 Z28 Camaros, and 5.0 mustangs all day long.... his sister even calls him out, saying his car is slow... but just to pique ppls interest

what is faster

a 95 Z28 Camaro LT1 (Stock), or a 95 V6 Firebird (Stock).... ok now I think we know the answer to this...

what is faster 95 Mustang V6 or a 95 Mustang GT.. ok we know the answer to that one.....

now what is faster... a 95 V6 mustang or a 95 V6 firebird?

ok im guessing the mustang, so if a v6 is faster then why bother challenging a V8?

the girl is like, yeah he has owned japanese cars and thought they were fast, so maybe that can give you some insight to his mentality....

Now I know the answer to this next question but obviously he don't....

what is faster 95 Mustang GT 5.0 or a 3.4 Liter Pontiac Firebird V6?
Well, walks the walks and talks the talks, curtain up,it's show time, line that MOFO up and get it on, screw the logics comparision, race the b i t c h (safely).Blow his door off, get it over with, end of story.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
i thaught the old firebirds had somthing like 90whp? those frigan things are terribly slow. the stock 5.0s are slugish aswell but would still burn the firebird

·
Registered
131 Posts
Schnider please tell me what your car has done to it to run a 9.9 in the 1/8 what gears too thanks man.

My 1995 GT has 2.73's but has an auto and my best is a [email protected] my best 60' is a 2.48 also on that 9.9 run what was your 60' thanks man

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Camaro and Firebird both didnt get the 3.8 liter until 1996 except for Camaros/Firebirds made in California they got the 3800 Series II a year earlier in 95 for emissions purposes. Regardless a stock 5.0 will take a 3.8 and 3.4. The 3.8 only made 220 TQ so while the HP ratings are somewhat close the TQ gap would give the 5.0 a big lead off the line and should be able to hold. My mom has the same 3800 Series II in a FWD platform in her Monte SS and it isnt even close to touching my stock 97 GT. Which my 97 is close to comparison to 5.0s.

·
Registered
94 Posts
See now you all said race and completly demolish him.. But if you KNOW your already going to win, put some money down. As much as he'll put down and then race. So its not just to shut him up and not just a waste of gas.. Then it would be worth it.

·
Registered
558 Posts
RACE HIM! and then post the result here :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
A money race is risky,, you could stall, miss 2 gears, spin badly,, or a number of other things,, remember , when the flag drops the race is on,, no excuses .....R2R

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.