Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not even halloween and I get egged already!:sosad: I can't believe the damage done to my car from a single egg. They struck the worst possible spot, I think, right above the rear window. They must have been speeding by in a car ang going pretty fast...:what:

There's a HUGE golf ball sized starburst fracture pattern in the paint, with a few chips each the size of a pin-head all the way down to the primer.:weeps I don't think my car should endure a blow from a shaped-charge, but maybe I'd like to see it come away from an egging without needing a few hundred dollars in body work.:eek: Maybe it won't cost that much?

I always drive slowly around our neighborhood. I don't think I have any enemies. Maybe someone has a grudge against me, but why did they have to take it out on her? :sadcry:

I'm so mad.:mad: I'm thinking of getting a security camera. Somebody slashed the tires on cars up and down the block last year, maybe it's the same troublemakers? If I can catch those bastards, I'll be the neighborhood hero, after they let me out of jail!:naughty

I'll take some pics tomorrow, but I just want some sympathy and advice on what to do now.:(

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
ssoss said:
It's not even halloween and I get egged already!:sosad: I can't believe the damage done to my car from a single egg. They struck the worst possible spot, I think, right above the rear window. They must have been speeding by in a car ang going pretty fast...:what:

There's a HUGE golf ball sized starburst fracture pattern in the paint, with a few chips each the size of a pin-head all the way down to the primer.:weeps I don't think my car should endure a blow from a shaped-charge, but maybe I'd like to see it come away from an egging without needing a few hundred dollars in body work.:eek: Maybe it won't cost that much?

I always drive slowly around our neighborhood. I don't think I have any enemies. Maybe I'm not perfect and someone has a grudge against me, but why did they have to take it out on her? :sadcry:

I'll take some pics tomorrow, but I just want some sympathy and advice on what to do now.:(

I'm so mad.:mad: I'm thinking of getting a security camera. Somebody slashed the tires on cars up and down the block last year, maybe it's the same troublemakers? If I can catch those bastards, I'll be the neighborhood hero, after they let me out of jail!:naughty
Sheesh, sounds like it was hard boiled :rolleyes: Like black cats, Mustangs need to be put in during this time of year. There is no justice in this world.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
You need to ask yourself 1 question....S/W M629 .44mag, or the Mossberg M500 Riot Gun?????

Hunt them down, all of them. Have no mercy!!!!!!!!!!

This is why mine is ALWAYS in the Garage at home. I work on a military base, so it's pretty safe during the day.

I feel for you, really....

·
Registered
241 Posts
I would have installed a security camera after the tire slashing incident! Some kids just don't think about the damage they are doing. Remember the frozen turkey thrown from the car? Not that it makes it better, but I guess it could be worse for you. I feel for you. Please install the camera, so we can see these perps on World's Wildest Police Videos!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
That sucks Dude!! Sorry to hear that. It was probably just a random act of stupidity by some unintelligent punks. A week after I bought my brand new 02 some pukes nailed me during the evening. I usually put it in the garage.But that night I didn't(first and last time). They drove up from the rear and caught the seam of the quarter window and drivers window. The egg hit with enough impact to get inside the vehicle. All over the dash everywhere,what a f....in' mess. By the time I went to go to work in the morning it had a few good hours to bake in the sun. The felt on the outer weatherstrip was damaged and from that day on as a constant reminder my window squealed every time it was raised.:mad: I feel your pain!!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
The same thing happened to me a week or so ago. I was hit by a car going the opposite direction in the other lane...I simply made a u-turn and took off after them. If it wasn't for a car between me and them, as well as my girlfriend in the car screaming for me to stop, I would have cought them and called the cops. No excuse for that type of BS.

I'm sorry to hear it caused that much damage to your car...people just don't see how hurtful their childish pranks can be:handball:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Crazy001 said:
The same thing happened to me a week or so ago. I was hit by a car going the opposite direction in the other lane...I simply made a u-turn and took off after them. If it wasn't for a car between me and them, as well as my girlfriend in the car screaming for me to stop, I would have cought them and called the cops. No excuse for that type of BS.

I'm sorry to hear it caused that much damage to your car...people just don't see how hurtful their childish pranks can be:handball:
The fact is many of such thugs not only are not bothered by the damage but love to see something beautiful damaged and the owner in pain. I've seen such incidents for over 25 years. Back in the dark ages I was cruising during Halloween in an unmarked dark blue Ford LTD. Some kids threw water balloons and eggs at the car, but had no place to run when the blue lights came on all over the car. The three were rounded up and taken to jail for parents to p/u. Their comment, even back then? "Yo' car was too purdy not to get. We jus' didn' know it was a cop car." (spelling errors added for conversation clarity) At least those 3 got an awakening -- but we see similar and worse today. How sad. My heart truly does go out to you. I hope you have good insurance with a low comprehensive deductible like we do. Having to fix it will hurt, but good insurance and the right shop can ease the pain. Good luck.

N

·
0 Posts
those bastards...i saw a kid on a dirtbike once riding down mainstreet with a pocketknife in his hand slashing cars as he rode his bike...we chased him and caught him but the cops said he was too young to do anything with and too young to sue...kids today.....gentle baseballbat justice is needed

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm sorry about your baby, ssoss... That really bites. Stupid kids. They'll get theirs one day... What goes around, comes around - twofold.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cameras would be great, and they are never too young to go to their parents and have them fix the damage. Then you can be sure junior will get his due. Kids will do stupid stuff, it's part of growing up, but so is facing the consequences.

If it were older kids/adults, I like paint balls. Works well in a sling shot too. You can shoot the getaway car too. Makes it easier for the police to identify.

I knew a guy who heard something rattling in his driveway. He had a mouse problem and thought it was mice, so he grabbed his blowgun with 4 inch wire darts and went to investigate. He peeked around the corner to see some dude siphoning gas from his dune buggy.

When he put the dart in the guy's butt, he said he yelled and threw the gas can so high up in the air, he didn't know if it ever came back down, and the guy jumped his 6 foot fence in one leap. He called the police, but all they did was laugh on the telephone.

(Disclaimer: I don't advocate violence for messing with a guy's car, but it's a funny story.)

Anyway, I'll be parking my car in my fenced yard with my killer dog for the next couple of nights.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Aggie's Mustang said:
If it were older kids/adults, I like paint balls. Works well in a sling shot too. You can shoot the getaway car too. SNIP I knew a guy who heard something rattling in his driveway. SNIP He peeked around the corner to see some dude siphoning gas from his dune buggy. When he put the dart in the guy's butt,
SNIP
(Disclaimer: I don't advocate violence for messing with a guy's car, but it's a funny story.)
This would be a hella lotta fun, but I'm afraid if I got the wrong cop, I might be in jail for painting someone with either a gun or slingshot (or stickin 'em with a dart gun).

But if they were in a car, I'd take the shot!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts