Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and the wifey were comming back from the movies last night, I was doing a whopping 55 mph when I meet a cop on the highway. He proceeds to throw on his lights so I'm like "well I'm doing nothing wrong" so I continue in the opposite direction, keeping a watchful eye on him.
Well he whips it around so I thought "he must be on a call" and pull over out of the way. He comes flying up behind me. Gets out and comes up to my window. Mind you I haven't been pulled over in 6 yrs. He says do you know why I pulled you over? I says "no" he says I clocked you in at 75! I about sh!t. I say "no way in hell I was doing 75" so we go back and forth and he asked me if I had a lot of speeding tickets? I said no and he said if you have a clean record I will give you a verbal warning. So he ran me and I came back clean. I asked him if he would follow me and I would put my car back on the cruise I had it set to. He said "no, I have a call to go to" so I got let go for nothing I did wrong. Snoopy bastards :smartass: there was a line of cars behind me and a red dodge truck flying up on my @ss so I figure he clocked him and not me.

·
Registered
726 Posts
They like to make up excuses around here to pull you over. At least you had a clean record and didnt have to go fight it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i was recently pulled over for going 20 mph.....yeah. the speed limit was 10, but literally NO ONE goes 10 mph. might have gotten away clean, but my big mouth cost me $267. :nono:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Bad MooJU

i was recently pulled over for going 20 mph.....yeah. the speed limit was 10, but literally NO ONE goes 10 mph. might have gotten away clean, but my big mouth cost me $267. :nono:
Bummer, Cops are cocky ass pain in the asses. I love when they come up and think you don't think you see them and you put the car in cruise control at the speed limit exactly after about five minutes they gets pissed they cant do sh*t and storm passed you at least 15 over, it's rich.

·
Registered
287 Posts
freakin pigs are aholes man, i've been pulled 10 times mostly for doing 10-15 over on the highway, they just don't give up around here either and it's pretty old, good job on only getting the warning though

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Hey, just think … if you were an illegal … you'd have no worries, just like here on cape cod. They give you a citation to go to court … but they're illegal and no license, so they don't show up to court to pay the fine. F-it, I don't want to get started…

·
Registered
971 Posts
Saying all cops are pricks, power drunk, or whatever is just a typical overgeneralization and plain wrong. For most of us, cops only make their presence known when we have done something wrong. So, if you have broken the law, do you expect the cop to come up to you and say, "Hey don't worry about it....I am sure you had a good reason for breaking the law. Just be a little more careful and have a good day!" Did your parents treat you that way when you broke the laws of the house? Mine didn't!

Cops are paid to enforce the law and keep the peace and already cut us some slack on speeding and other minor traffic violations. So, if 10-15 over is okay according to one poster....what about 20 over? What's next and how far does this go?

I had a cop pull me over a few weeks back and he had me dead to rights doin 65 in a 55. He only issued me a warning. In the current economy with municipalities everywhere having budget problems, I am amazed even more tickets aren't issued to help bring in money.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
So me and the wifey were comming back from the movies last night, I was doing a whopping 55 mph when I meet a cop on the highway. He proceeds to throw on his lights so I'm like "well I'm doing nothing wrong" so I continue in the opposite direction, keeping a watchful eye on him.
Well he whips it around so I thought "he must be on a call" and pull over out of the way. He comes flying up behind me. Gets out and comes up to my window. Mind you I haven't been pulled over in 6 yrs. He says do you know why I pulled you over? I says "no" he says I clocked you in at 75! I about sh!t. I say "no way in hell I was doing 75" so we go back and forth and he asked me if I had a lot of speeding tickets? I said no and he said if you have a clean record I will give you a verbal warning. So he ran me and I came back clean. I asked him if he would follow me and I would put my car back on the cruise I had it set to. He said "no, I have a call to go to" so I got let go for nothing I did wrong. Snoopy bastards :smartass: there was a line of cars behind me and a red dodge truck flying up on my @ss so I figure he clocked him and not me.
He should have thrown you in Jail just for driving a Black Mustang.:rollgrin:

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Saying all cops are pricks, power drunk, or whatever is just a typical overgeneralization and plain wrong. For most of us, cops only make their presence known when we have done something wrong. So, if you have broken the law, do you expect the cop to come up to you and say, "Hey don't worry about it....I am sure you had a good reason for breaking the law. Just be a little more careful and have a good day!" Did your parents treat you that way when you broke the laws of the house? Mine didn't!

Cops are paid to enforce the law and keep the peace and already cut us some slack on speeding and other minor traffic violations. So, if 10-15 over is okay according to one poster....what about 20 over? What's next and how far does this go?

I had a cop pull me over a few weeks back and he had me dead to rights doin 65 in a 55. He only issued me a warning. In the current economy with municipalities everywhere having budget problems, I am amazed even more tickets aren't issued to help bring in money.
I have seen them set their radar in the wrong mode, clock the speed using an incorrect algorithm and then refuse to admit they are wrong (steady speeed versus stationary versus opposite) and the result of their error is that some INNOCENT person gets to pay their hard earned money to the county or city.

Can you DEFEND THAT?

How about the ones who busted in on a 76 year old lady with a no knock warrant in Atlanta 3 years ago and shot her as she was reaching for a piece..only to discover they had gone into the wrong house?

CAN YOU DEFEND THAT?

How about the ones who are on duty or not on call..and come flying through traffic at 20mph over the limit because they are late some where?

Can you defend that?

I was once behind a patrol car driving erratically when suddenly a "head" popped up from down in the seat?

Can you defend that?

I have been practically put in a ditch not once, not twice but THREE times..by cops spinning around to chase someone and dam near running me off in the road at speed..jeopardizing my life

Can you defend that?

I have had several "near miss" wrecks where cops had parked CENTER LANE to clock people...completely wreckess and endangering peoples lives.

Can you Defend that?

I have had several near miss accidents where cops had pulled people over..rush hour..busy traffic..and not bothered to try and move the call off the busy throughfare onto a safe location..jeopardizing peoples lives at WORST..causing MAJOR delays and minor traffic accidents further up AT BEST.

Can you defend that?

Cops ....

If you want to know who to blame for all the hate and dis-respect.

Follow these steps.

1) Walk to Bathroom
2) Look in Mirror

AND THERES YOUR SIGN.....

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He was quite happy for some reason... he had his head in the window looking at the gauges and asking me about my car, I think he not so secrectly liked it :D he was a really nice guy, I'm lucky cause most of the cops around here are outstanding guys, I know quite a few by it being not so big a population around here. And if I was to be thrown in jail I guess I would see you there thereaper :bigthumbsup

G

·
I have seen them set their radar in the wrong mode, clock the speed using an incorrect algorithm and then refuse to admit they are wrong (steady speeed versus stationary versus opposite) and the result of their error is that some INNOCENT person gets to pay their hard earned money to the county or city.
You've seen that, have you? Where were you? In the backseat of the patrol car??? That would explain the rant...

·
Registered
51 Posts
The last time i got pulled over i ended up in handcuffs while they searched my car....over a liscence plate light being out! I swear they get more upset when they can't find anything and look like a bunch of a$$e$! lol!! :nono:

·
Registered
337 Posts
The last time i got pulled over i ended up in handcuffs while they searched my car....over a liscence plate light being out! I swear they get more upset when they can't find anything and look like a bunch of a$$e$! lol!! :nono:
Heh...I suppose you didn't say anything to provoke him though, did you?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
You've seen that, have you? Where were you? In the backseat of the patrol car??? That would explain the rant...
Nope I had one pull in from a DEAD stop and then TELL me he had it set to steady state and the reading he quoted me was more than 20 higher than what my cruise was set to. If he had just pulled in from a dead stop logic would dictate steady state is incorrect setting.

I left him and drove straight to the dealership and never touched my cruise control setting.

We hooked the diagnostic computer to it and went for a ride. (the vehicle was brand new and i was mentally open to the possibility that maybe the speedometer was set up wrong...give the cop the benifit of the doubt..and think MAYBE he actually KNEW how to use his radar (was giving him WAY too much credit OBVIOUSLY).

It was set to 52 and he had quoted me at 75.

That's how I have "seen it"

So your reason for my rant was incorrect. The true reason for my rant was that he was a f***king moron.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Heh...I suppose you didn't say anything to provoke him though, did you?
There is no legislature regulating "attitude" so if him "saying something to ""provoke"" the officer was the officers only justification, then it was an illegal search, violation of 4th amendment rights and something he could have sued over

I highly doubt s burnt out tail light would hold up with a judge as justification for a search.

Had it been me I would have full well informer the officers that my lawyer would be VERY closely examining their justifications for the search to determine it's legitimacy and I would have photographed and video recorded as much of the conversations as possible with my iPhone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.