Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the way home from school driving on the freeway I see this Sti pull up next to me in the middle lane. I knew he wanted to race me as he kept stepping on it and slowing down. So I figure ok, I'll go but I know I'm going to lose anyways and just to see what he's got.(KEEP IN MIND THAT I"M DRIVING MY V6 MUSTANG "DAILY DRIVER") So I get beat bad as he pulled on me easily from a 60mph roll. (My V6 only has a Mac CAI and Dual Flowmasters) But as I slow down to go the speed limit, there was a CHP entering the freeway and he sees the Sti speeding and hit's the lights on him and pulls him over to the side. I pull into the slow lane and and slow down and stare at the STi driver and laugh like the dude in the video NEMESIS:evillol: and then drive off still laughing. It really made my day:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does Sti stand for Stupid Teenage Idiot?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I've had that happen several times on a stretch of road I know is frequented by the police. They come up behind me and want to show who's boss. I just toodle along as they blow by me, knowing full well the police are out. It gives me great satisfaction watching them get pulled over.
At this point, the police owe me money.:gringreen

·
Registered
248 Posts
I find it hard to laugh at people like that getting a ticket, because they are fellow car lovers like us. Both of you raced, he wasn't racing himself, and if you were in your gt and outran him, and got a speeding ticket, I bet you would be irate if he drove by laughing at you.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, he was speeding way over the limit (which was 70mph speed limit) and weaving through traffic. The race was over a long time ago for me as I stopped racing around 80mph because he was walking on me like nothing so I simply stopped and continued driving 70mph and pulled in the middle lane. I thought he was long gone but then I see the CHP and he hits his lights and then the end result he got a ticket for going way over the limit and weaving through traffic.

I can see where your coming from man, but there was no need for him to keep going once the race was over. If I was in my gt, I probably wouldn't outrun him or if so it would be a close race, I like to shut down at 100mph. (I'm more of a race from a dig guy anyways.) I wouldn't continue like he did.

He initiated the race so I went a long knowing for sure I would lose to an STi no doubt, so he thought he was so bada$$ picking on a V6 and gets pulled by the CHP. Whats not to laugh about that? I got smoked, but the underdog got the last laugh:D

I find it hard to laugh at people like that getting a ticket, because they are fellow car lovers like us. Both of you raced, he wasn't racing himself, and if you were in your gt and outran him, and got a speeding ticket, I bet you would be irate if he drove by laughing at you.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
haha nice kill sounds like a similar story i had. some cute chick was next to me when i was in my 02 dakota (dailydriver) and she had a 5.0 droptop. we where at a light and we both take off she beat me by a little bit but i started catching her and shut down at 45mph wich was the speedlimit and she kept going. i didnt notice but a cop must've been behind us the entire time because he flew outa my lane and threw his lights on and pulled her over. i thaught it was pretty funny.. cop had front row seat though

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha, The cop was very amused I'm sure:D

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Good one. But really good timing on your part.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
cops get ammused very fast.. apperently i was "racing" past a house he was investigating (prob a gf's house) with my car when i was cruising at 20 25 down the side street with o/r x and no mufflers. then after that ticket i figured id change my setup :(

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I know. Like said above the mustang gods were smiling on me that day lol.

Good one. But really good timing on your part.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just get some flows or macs and you'll be able to control the noise the car produces. I love my combo because it gives me control on how much sound I want to come out of my car. I imagine your no mufflers set up is crazy loud:D

cops get ammused very fast.. apperently i was "racing" past a house he was investigating (prob a gf's house) with my car when i was cruising at 20 25 down the side street with o/r x and no mufflers. then after that ticket i figured id change my setup :(

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your car should sound great with those macs, be sure to get a vid up if possible.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
it's nothing special. but it's legal so.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So you say........Don't you have a o/r mid pipe? lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.