Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A co-worker just bought a 91 eagle talon tsi awd. He said it had a few mods on it asked if I wanted to run them after work. Of course I said yes to his challange. We go down a deserted road and turn around, him showing off the blow off valve the whole way. We line up and I do a small burnout trying to strike some fear into his heart. He honks three times and off we go. I ended up dumping the clutch too high and spun while he got atleast 3 car lengths on me. I dont know how much boost he was running (he said the boost gage was broken) I congratulate him, and let him know I want a rematch. Turns out he had a 16g Turbo on it, full exhaust and a clutch upgrade. I knew these things were quick, but sheesh! S'ok, when I get my Turbo it'll be on!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
WHAT ARE YOU DRIVING? Sorry 'bout the caps...

·
Registered
295 Posts
lrange said:
A co-worker just bought a 91 eagle talon tsi awd. He said it had a few mods on it asked if I wanted to run them after work. Of course I said yes to his challange. We go down a deserted road and turn around, him showing off the blow off valve the whole way. We line up and I do a small burnout trying to strike some fear into his heart. He honks three times and off we go. I ended up dumping the clutch too high and spun while he got atleast 3 car lengths on me. I dont know how much boost he was running (he said the boost gage was broken) I congratulate him, and let him know I want a rematch. Turns out he had a 16g Turbo on it, full exhaust and a clutch upgrade. I knew these things were quick, but sheesh! S'ok, when I get my Turbo it'll be on!
hey those tsi talons are pretty darn quick. awd,turbo,and light wieght=deadly combination.back years ago i had a 89' gt that was quick for n/a car and i flat got embarrassed by a friend of mine who had a tsi.but he also was not even close to being stock.but later on i returned the favor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah, forgot to add that in! I drive a '95 GT. Factory headers, h pipe. No cats. In my defense I got a horrible launch! (When he took me for a ride he was launching at 5k and taking off like a bat out of hell!) I've got a problem with my distributor and bad 02 sensors. I won't tell him this, I know the excuses I hear when I actually dust one of these ricers. Few more months and it'll be on!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Last time we had the talon out it ran very low 11's, with cage, spare, n' street tires. They can be very quick if done correctly and enough money's spent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.