1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sounds a lot better. Let me know what you think about looks.... Thanks

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
very nice... I debated on the magnaflow duals.... then I found that magnaflow now offers a single catback... Mine should be here next week! LOL!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
militarystang said:
Sounds a lot better. Let me know what you think about looks.... Thanks
i see in your sig you've got the mmr cai on order... I just walked in from installing my... going out for a test drive right now! LOL!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fishingjts said:
i see in your sig you've got the mmr cai on order... I just walked in from installing my... going out for a test drive right now! LOL!
Are you putting on without a tune? Did you get a yellow tube? Let me know if you feel any improvment on proformance or sound!!:kooky: :kooky:

·
Registered
914 Posts
fishingjts said:
I am sure you will come back from that drive like :eyepoppin and :kooky:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
militarystang said:
Are you putting on without a tune? Did you get a yellow tube? Let me know if you feel any improvment on proformance or sound!!:kooky: :kooky:
Got the red tube... it sure looks cool... BUT... to be honest I'm not really sure there was much, if any improvement in performance or sound... I've got a non-stock muffler so it's kind of hard to hear it... I'll going to hook my laptop/X-Cal2 and do some 0-60 runs and see how it compares to previous runs... dang... kind of disappointing... BUT... IT SURE LOOKS GOOD! LOL!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
fishingjts said:
Got the red tube... it sure looks cool... BUT... to be honest I'm not really sure there was much, if any improvement in performance or sound... I've got a non-stock muffler so it's kind of hard to hear it... I'll going to hook my laptop/X-Cal2 and do some 0-60 runs and see how it compares to previous runs... dang... kind of disappointing... BUT... IT SURE LOOKS GOOD! LOL!
just back from my 2nd test drive... ok... here's my observation based on my butt dyno and actual data from my X-Cal2... The MMR intake does flow more air... I've got crunch the final numbers but I can definitly see the difference in the data... also it seem like the car pulls a LOT stronger when it gets above 3000 RPM or so... For my 0-60 runs I usually try launch at around 1500RPM... I when I did that after the MMR install I got a LOT OF WHEEL SPIN... A lot more than previous runs... now some of it could be due to weather and temps... but dang it was a LOT MORE! LOL! It did improve my 0-60 time also... So all in all I've very pleased... AND DANG that TUBE looks BAD! LOL!

and no check engine light...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fishingjts said:
just back from my 2nd test drive... ok... here's my observation based on my butt dyno and actual data from my X-Cal2... The MMR intake does flow more air... I've got crunch the final numbers but I can definitly see the difference in the data... also it seem like the car pulls a LOT stronger when it gets above 3000 RPM or so... For my 0-60 runs I usually try launch at around 1500RPM... I when I did that after the MMR install I got a LOT OF WHEEL SPIN... A lot more than previous runs... now some of it could be due to weather and temps... but dang it was a LOT MORE! LOL! It did improve my 0-60 time also... So all in all I've very pleased... AND DANG that TUBE looks BAD! LOL!

and no check engine light...
Awsome.... what color is your car? whats your next mods in mind? Now, my exhaust is suppoed to give anywhere from 5 to 15 HP. Its hard to notice at first but then once you drive a few times youll notice extra pull in different gears and rpms that you didnt feel before. Also youll probably need it re-tuned on the dyno for optimum performance...Only way to truly tell is dyno it. Im getting the x-cal2 and putting the MMR on as soon and it somes in. My engine bay is gonna look sweet with the shiney black intake cover w/pony logo and the silver mmr tube... CANT WAIT!

Got pics of your intake?
Me like pics:evillol:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
militarystang said:
Awsome.... what color is your car? whats your next mods in mind? Now, my exhaust is suppoed to give anywhere from 5 to 15 HP. Its hard to notice at first but then once you drive a few times youll notice extra pull in different gears and rpms that you didnt feel before. Also youll probably need it re-tuned on the dyno for optimum performance...Only way to truly tell is dyno it. Im getting the x-cal2 and putting the MMR on as soon and it somes in. My engine bay is gonna look sweet with the shiney black intake cover w/pony logo and the silver mmr tube... CANT WAIT!

Got pics of your intake?
Me like pics:evillol:
Ok... had my car on the dyno today at a local car show... 202HP at the wheels! Figure a the V6 is rated at 210HP at the crank... then thow in the fact it's an auto... So needless to say I was very pleased with 202! Even some of the Big Boys were impressed my lil 'ol V6 was putting down 202HP!

Ok... this is not the best pics... it was very SUNNY here today but you get the idea!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fishingjts said:
Ok... had my car on the dyno today at a local car show... 202HP at the wheels! Figure a the V6 is rated at 210HP at the crank... then thow in the fact it's an auto... So needless to say I was very pleased with 202! Even some of the Big Boys were impressed my lil 'ol V6 was putting down 202HP!

Ok... this is not the best pics... it was very SUNNY here today but you get the idea!
Sounds like a big improvment to stock. I got my car dyno'd and it read 176 HP at the wheels, in about a week and a half im going to put on the MMR and the custom tune at Arizona dyno chip. I ordered my MMR from
V6 mustang stuff and its been like 7 days and nothing? No email response? Where did you get yours? and how quick did you get it....... I FREakin hatE wAITING... But.. my roush spoiler and louvers are in the body shop and post pics on monday or tuesday. :bouncer

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
militarystang said:
Sounds like a big improvment to stock. I got my car dyno'd and it read 176 HP at the wheels, in about a week and a half im going to put on the MMR and the custom tune at Arizona dyno chip. I ordered my MMR from
V6 mustang stuff and its been like 7 days and nothing? No email response? Where did you get yours? and how quick did you get it....... I FREakin hatE wAITING... But.. my roush spoiler and louvers are in the body shop and post pics on monday or tuesday. :bouncer
176HP... is that completely stock or with the new exhaust? We were guessing yesterday that a stock V6 would be 160 to 170HP at the wheels..

I ordered my MMR from V6 mustang stuff also... took 2 1/2 weeks... Turned out that MMR was out of filters! Guess they're selling a lot of them! Yeah, i hadn't heard anything either... then I started questioning Don... that's when I finally found out that MMR was out of filters... Was a little upset.. Don had it on his website as "In Stock" and charged my credit card right away... even though the kit didn't ship for a couple of weeks... You may want to call MMR and ask them the status of your order and tell them that your order came through v6 mustang stuff...

·
Registered
116 Posts
fishingjts said:
176HP... is that completely stock or with the new exhaust? We were guessing yesterday that a stock V6 would be 160 to 170HP at the wheels..

I ordered my MMR from V6 mustang stuff also... took 2 1/2 weeks... Turned out that MMR was out of filters! Guess they're selling a lot of them! Yeah, i hadn't heard anything either... then I started questioning Don... that's when I finally found out that MMR was out of filters... Was a little upset.. Don had it on his website as "In Stock" and charged my credit card right away... even though the kit didn't ship for a couple of weeks... You may want to call MMR and ask them the status of your order and tell them that your order came through v6 mustang stuff...
Thats without the exhaust.... Ill post the new one later but Attached is my first dyno. For some reason its not showing tourqe, but it was 202 lbs of tourqe at the wheels. youll see the red run, i pulled off the pedal a little early.. :laughlitt ....damn noobies..LMAO... Hey let me know what MMR's website is or even a number... I cant find that info.... thanks bro

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
militarystang said:
Thats without the exhaust.... Ill post the new one later but Attached is my first dyno. For some reason its not showing tourqe, but it was 202 lbs of tourqe at the wheels. youll see the red run, i pulled off the pedal a little early.. :laughlitt ....damn noobies..LMAO... Hey let me know what MMR's website is or even a number... I cant find that info.... thanks bro
MMR website is: http://www.modularmustangracing.com/
Phone # is (805) 983-8599
Or even try e-mail: [email protected]

Ok.. here's my dyno sheet... My sheet graphs HP and Torque vs RPM where as yours is MPH... Notice at 5200 RPM all of a sudden the HP really jumps up! The Ford specs says peak HP is at 5250... I'm seriously thinking about taking my car in and getting a custom tune... i'm sure they can squeeze a few more ponies out of her... LOL

·
Registered
116 Posts
fishingjts said:
MMR website is: http://www.modularmustangracing.com/
Phone # is (805) 983-8599
Or even try e-mail: [email protected]

Ok.. here's my dyno sheet... My sheet graphs HP and Torque vs RPM where as yours is MPH... Notice at 5200 RPM all of a sudden the HP really jumps up! The Ford specs says peak HP is at 5250... I'm seriously thinking about taking my car in and getting a custom tune... i'm sure they can squeeze a few more ponies out of her... LOL

Thanks! have you thought about the plenum cover? Its not out yet for the v6 but they are about a week from having it done. You should have it painted yellow like the one in the pic, if you havent seen it yet. It would really set off your engine bay! Im doing mine black with the silver MMR :evillol:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
militarystang said:
Thanks! have you thought about the plenum cover? Its not out yet for the v6 but they are about a week from having it done. You should have it painted yellow like the one in the pic, if you havent seen it yet. It would really set off your engine bay! Im doing mine black with the silver MMR :evillol:
Yep.... I actually have their site bookmarked and I just happened to visit their site yesterday and seen that the V6 was almost ready... Sent them an e-mail for more info... Yeah, I'm thinking to get it and my MMR painted to match the car....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fishingjts said:
Yep.... I actually have their site bookmarked and I just happened to visit their site yesterday and seen that the V6 was almost ready... Sent them an e-mail for more info... Yeah, I'm thinking to get it and my MMR painted to match the car....
Good idea... I was thinking about getting the one without the 4.0 Logo and putting this emblem on there.. let me know what you think...either that or a chrome 4.0L emblem... If it were you, which would you go with?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33654&item=7988598597

1 - 16 of 16 Posts