Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Question: Instead of downshifting to a stop or turning corners.. From any gear,speed and rpm can I go straight to just putting it to neutral? Or I have to stop some gears down to lower the rpm then neutral?

·
Registered
53 Posts
not sure your budget, but I would go with Borla Atak. I have this set up on mine and one if the best sounding I have heard... Wheels and tires. it all depends on the look/style you are looking for. Americanmuscle.com has a great selection of wheels and tires with packages.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats! Hope she's treating you well. Nice choice on the 5.0 too.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Question: Instead of downshifting to a stop or turning corners.. From any gear,speed and rpm can I go straight to just putting it to neutral? Or I have to stop some gears down to lower the rpm then neutral?
Planning to get an intake and exhaust.. Any recommendations? Also rims/tires?
Hey Red - Welcome to the party! Where've ya been? :grin:

Congratulations on your GT, that's one hell of a way to start the weekend I tell ya.

Regarding the shifting question that's just going to be personal preference. Is this your first manual?

You'll see/hear people say that engine breaking isn't too great for the car (Not the end of the world if you do it occasionally) but I usually just throw it in neutral and cost to a stop if I'm anywhere under 20 mph.

Just as Steve said it's really going to depend on what you'd like to spend and the sound along with style that you're after.

We have a very large selection of wheels and tires that can be found below (You can click that image and it will take you right to our wheel/tire page and you can look through the styles on the left hand side.

While we're on top though the wheel in the top right hand corner (Gloss Black AMR) in my favorite but there's many others on site if you're looking for something less busy like a simple 5 spoke.

There's just something about Red on Black that knocks my socks off. What do you think of these? (I just want to note that this car is lowered and with 5% tint it's going to make the wheels pop that much more)

Just a few pictures to give you an idea of how they would look. Wheels can be really tough to nail down because they're pricey, so take you're time and they'll come to you. For tires I would shoot right for Nitto because they're quiet, have great wear, and will keep the car on the road where it belongs.

On the exhaust the Ford Racing Borla Sport is a no brainer. Hands down my favorite exhaust system for these cars if you're looking to just throw something on and forget it. Take a listen to this below and tell me you weren't smiling at any point during the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VL5t7FALrU

My suggestion for a Cold Air Intake would be the Airaid Synthaflow Oiled Filter .

Not only is it cool looking (The heat shied and airbox has clear plexiglass on top so you're not going to be pulling any unwanted contaminants in) but it doesn't require a tune and the filter is washable and reusable so you don't have to replace it every so often.

You'll see, hear and feel a minimal bump in performance, torque, and throttle response.

Sorry for the wall of text but drop me a line if you have any questions and I'm here to help.

Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts