Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
When I put the DOHC responds better then push rods I meant to a supercharger or turbo.Breath better.I remember in a magazine they got 02 SS Camaro and an 01 Cobra and supercharged both and they Cobra had almost 40 more horse power because the engine set up.Dohc breaths alot better.

the cobra's great and im sure a boosted cobra does destroy a NA TA, but that being said the motor in the TA is basically a vette motor, a LS1, and we all know what the vette can do, without a blower. Yes the DOHC responds well to boost but the TA has got more displacement, and as the saying goes "theres no replacement for displacement." i dont know where you get this "Cant do that to the Trans-Am" what exactly is it you think cant be done? and the 3.0 pulley and cold air intake with exuasts and chip will prolly get you closer to 450 (to the wheels) than the 530 your thinking about.

"I clocked you at 107 MPH and when you saw me, you braked down to 85". I got 2 tickets, the first ($101)
Haha mine was 170 and it was 75mpg, be grateful =)

Oh, and really, the Cobra is 4.6L luke and 320 HP, the WS6 is 325 hp and 5.7L. So really it's 5 more hp for 1.1 more liters.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
gt_stang2004, dude understang what I said.

My main issue with the 03' Cobra is cost. I don't want to be paying that thing off for years and years.

Are you serious in thinking that the WS6 is ugly????????? That is one serious looking badass.

All I'm saying is, for the buck the LS1 engine is fierce. If I had the opportunity to do it all over again, I wouldn't have bought a GT. Currently, I live in NYC and F-Bodies are rare. Therefore, I wasn't to familiar with them. The GT handles really well on the road and it's a fun car to drive; however, in the South, I prefer to have some real power. I don't want to invest $4 - 5K into a blower just to get the power out of my GT.

If you can afford the Cobra, go for it. But I have other interests and I'm not going to be broke paying off a Cobra.

What does living in the south have to do with owning a GM or Ford? I live dead center of FORD country here. Ford's dominate the track. They Dominate the streets. You only have to make sure the F-Body next to you isn't an unmarked police car or Highway patrol. Be careful down south. They will get you if you are street racing at least here they will. Also in SC if you are caught racing then you lose your license and anyone participating in the race with you being a flag person will lose their license too. Take it to the track!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Hmarv347, In NORTH CAROLINA, where I'll be living and throughout the South, there's areas where you can really enjoy your car. Currently, I live in N.Y.C., where sports cars rarely exist. All I'm saying is, since I'll have a better opportunity of getting into my car, I rather have something that's affordable and more powerful. Look, I'm not saying that I want a 500 HP car as my daily driver (although, that wouldn't be bad) but I want something when I hit the gas, will take off the way that I want it--plus, I love the look of the WS6. I do appreciate all of your honest and blunt opinions, that's why I'm making these postings.

Just remember, Southern happiness is a northbound Yankee.

OMG i TOTally disagree with you .. STONECOLD... if you put a supercharger on a ws6, you cant boost it alot because of the compression... and it doesnt have forged internals

change the pulley on the ALL FORGED COBRA motor... and you can boost the hell out of it... so... a WS6 without a built motor, could never take a CObra

Marc

BlueStreak03 said:
Just remember, Southern happiness is a northbound Yankee.
I think that's Westerner happiness, too. Can't wait to get out West, where the women are sunkissed and smartassed, and the men are congenial and happy.

Western happiness is a westbound cowboy.

CombatStang said:
OMG i TOTally disagree with you .. STONECOLD... if you put a supercharger on a ws6, you cant boost it alot because of the compression... and it doesnt have forged internals

change the pulley on the ALL FORGED COBRA motor... and you can boost the hell out of it... so... a WS6 without a built motor, could never take a CObra

Marc
Combat I guess well just have to agree to disagree on this one! :D

ya for sure, but i c ur point.. N/A those things are damn fast.. but you have to remember they are fast for a good reason, they already have a tweeked out motor, with a high compression ratio, which equals less boost/nitrous etc.. there for the Cobra (03) motor, will be able to take in Much more Horsepower/Torque than the LS1 motor

Just my .02cents

Marc
AFM Moderator

What I meant when I said the Trans-Am cant do what the Cobra can was cant handel has much horsepower or boost.Cause of compression and its really just not built to take that much abuse as the 03 Cobras.But its all about what you want to spend on a new Cobra or Trans-Am.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.