Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice! Let me ask you ...was it wasy to install the spoiler? How much lower does it make the front fasica?

-I've been saying im gonna buy that spoiler but i keep convincing myself not to because im afraid I'll mess it up with a parking/ speed bump. Yes, yes I know im extremely paranoid.

Bt the way..nice job on the mirros too!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
discofan said:
Guys,

Just got my chin spoiler and mirrors painted to match the car...

Here are just a few quick pictures...

Dave :drink:
Very nice looking.I want to get my mirrors painted when i receive my vert.can you tell me how much just for mirrors and what their process was??Thanks:shiny:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear Draekus and Boltzman,

The entire painting and installation by my body shop was $300.00...

The shop removed the mirrors prior to painting and re-installed them after the paint was dry...

The spoiler came from CDC unpainted so after a primer cost and a finish coat, it was installed by the same body shop...

I did not lower the front end of my car but did lower to rear 1 1/2" in order to level the car completely...

With the CDC "Classic" chin spoiler, the distance from this piece to the ground is about 5" or 6" and thats all...

Even going so slow, I already scatched the bottom of it because the driveway entrance dipped down and then up...

I had to buy touch-up paint and do a quick emergency to the bottom...

If you get a chin spoiler - remember that when you parking in a parking lot with concrete bumpers, only "back into these spaces" or leave enough room between you and these bumpers so the car will not hit them...

Good Luck and stay in touch, Dave :naughty :naughty :naughty :naughty

·
Registered
36 Posts
What kind of chin spoiler is that? It looks great:gringreen

·
Registered
176 Posts
the Slank 05 GT said:
What kind of chin spoiler is that? It looks great:gringreen
Classic cdc chin spoiler:eek:

·
Registered
176 Posts
discofan said:
Dear Draekus and Boltzman,

The entire painting and installation by my body shop was $300.00...

The shop removed the mirrors prior to painting and re-installed them after the paint was dry...

The spoiler came from CDC unpainted so after a primer cost and a finish coat, it was installed by the same body shop...

I did not lower the front end of my car but did lower to rear 1 1/2" in order to level the car completely...

With the CDC "Classic" chin spoiler, the distance from this piece to the ground is about 5" or 6" and thats all...

Even going so slow, I already scatched the bottom of it because the driveway entrance dipped down and then up...

I had to buy touch-up paint and do a quick emergency to the bottom...

If you get a chin spoiler - remember that when you parking in a parking lot with concrete bumpers, only "back into these spaces" or leave enough room between you and these bumpers so the car will not hit them...

Good Luck and stay in touch, Dave :naughty :naughty :naughty :naughty
Thanks,so i'm figuring around 150-200 to paint mirrors..did they sand them completely smooth or can you still see the texture? I was gonna get the same chin but I cannot handle the stress of having to worry about it getting scratched all the time.Plus my wife will be taking her for a spin from time to time(Very hard for me) and she doesn't take care of cars or any material objects like i do:so

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dear Boltzman,

Even though the body shop did a great job, they did not completely sand the mirrors before painting...

You can still see dumble marks from the original texture of the OEM mirrors...

The chin spolier does require you to drive and park with the upmost care and concentration because if you "pop" that spoiler hard enough, it will crack or at very least chip the paint...

My wife will not touch my car, on strict orders from me!!!

I even ask her to drive it sometime and she says "NO WAY, JOSE"...

Dave

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks for the info!!..Guess i'll have to be extremely carefull if i decide to get this spoiler.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Dave, I like the rear 1.5 inches lower. I want to do the same thing. How did you do it? Do you have any wheel hop or any noticed changes or adverse effects from it? Did you have to re-aim your lights? Great looking car! Russ

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dear Gig4Fun,

I purchased just the rear lowering springs from Ford Roesch Accessories and also bought an adjustable panhard brace...

Had my local muffler shop install them and re-align the rear axle of the car using the adjustable panhard brace...

No, adverse effects on driving, steering or performance...

Car looks more level now...

Since I only lowered the rear 1 1/2", I did nothing to change the headlight alignment because it seems OK!!!

1 1/2" is really not very much lowering but it did take care of the large gap between the tire and the rear fender well...

I am very satisfied with the results...

Dave

P.S. I run an automatic therefore I do not have wheel hop problems...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts