Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry Guys, i know its alot of reading...but if you have any experience with this wheel please give me your thoughts.

After a long debate on spending the cash and finding it for more than $100 less than MSRP on blueovalindustries.com , i finally got my Grant Revolution Steering Wheel.

For some strange reason i didnt get any tracking info on the package and when i emailed them about it they responded:

"[FONT=&quot][/FONT]Your order is being shipped out directly from the manufacturer's location. Unfortunately they usually do not provide me with tracking numbers until the end of each month with our bill summary. However you should be expecting that order to arrive by the end of this week or mid next week. It is shipping out of California. I realize what an inconvenience this is and I am so sorry."

So about a week and a half later (still with no tracking info, and after the end of the month has come and gone) i get my package.

But the quality of the part is questionable. Its an aftermarket part so i dont know what to expect, and i might be too critical of it.

I havent held the two right next to each other (its nighttime here now) but the quality of the Grant wheel doesnt look as good as the OEM wheel.

The leather seems slightly more wrinkled, and not wrapped tightly enough. The Grey inserts ARE NOT PERFORATED as they are advertised. They are also not the same grey that it looks like in the pictures (in the photos they look sterling grey, my car color, in reality they look like they match the silver better. The stitching job seems fine except for one strip could have probably used an extra stitch. But the grey inserts are not stitched and at the creases there are some tiny gaps between them and the wheel where i can push the insert in.

Also, on the back side of the wheel there are very tiny tiny spots where the outer skin of the leather has been rubbed off. I dont know much about leather care, but wouldnt this lead to the area where the outer skin is gone eventually grow larger and larger as it ages, like it does with sneakers?

While the quality overall isnt that great, its noticeably worse on the back. I did get the part for $100 cheaper than MSRP even though they told me they ordered it themselves from the manufacturer.

I took two pictures to show the greyish/silver leather color is not the same color they advertise, how it IS NOT perforated and how it is also wrinkled.

Has anyone had any experience with this wheel? Any experience with ordering from blueovalindustries.com??

Im probably going to ship it back and ask for another. Im kinda disappointed as i was pretty excited about this wheel.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
BlueOvalIndustries has had nothing but negative comments on here...from what I could find/have seen.

Search that Co on this site...and 9-10, if not 10/10, would tell you to stay away from them.

Terrible customer service, no tracking, ect. :nono:

·
Registered
775 Posts
i dont know much about BOI but i have a GRANT wheel, which i got straight from GRANT, and it is fine - mine may have even been a floor model and it doesnt have any of the problems you mentioned. i will post picks of mine installed tomorrow.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have had several Grant wheels, they make a quality product. I think you might have a chinese knock-off. They copy ANYTHING and dont care about trademark or infringement laws. I also had terrible experience with Blueoval. Sometimes the best price is the worst deal, especially on the net. Send it back if you can. Buy direct from Grant, pay a bit more but they will back thier product

Im just sayin

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would definitely send it back. With the part that is worn, it will only grow larger. My only experience with Grant was long ago...but it was high quality then and from what I gather...it's still excellent. I would suggest you send it back and get a refund if possible....and then buy from another source to ensure it's the best quality (and the real-deal). Maybe yours is a 'second' or as someone mentioned, a knockoff. Good luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pics of my GRANT wheel with 6 months use on it.

Thanks so much for the pics.

Is that the wheel with the grey inserts or the black? It looks black, but the tone of the insert looks slightly different than that of the wheel.

My wheel does not have the perforations on the insert...that raises a red flag for me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do us all a favor, and post a detailed log of your exchanges with the guy a BlueOval. We'll all get to see if the rumors about his resemblance to the north end of a south-bound dog are true, or false.:yup:

·
Registered
659 Posts
That steering wheel does not look good at all, I hope I don't have this kind of experience when I order one. Does your wheel say "roush" at the top?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That steering wheel does not look good at all, I hope I don't have this kind of experience when I order one. Does your wheel say "roush" at the top?
No i opted not to get the ROUSH logo, being that i dont have a roush. Just my preference.

You can get the wheel with or without the Roush Logo in Blue, Black or Grey. You can also choose between the premium and regular wheels frames.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I didn't know all those options were available other than color.

I don't want the roush logo either but would have dealt with it over having the stock wheel.

·
Registered
775 Posts
>>Is that the wheel with the grey inserts or the black? It looks black, but the tone of the insert looks slightly different than that of the wheel.<<

not sure but i think it looks very dif because of the perforations.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
A question - since it was supposed to have been sent directly from Grant, what does the shipping container say? Does it have an address (or part of one) that matches Grant's factory? Just curious.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A question - since it was supposed to have been sent directly from Grant, what does the shipping container say? Does it have an address (or part of one) that matches Grant's factory? Just curious.

Good Point...Above my address there is the info for a Mario Fernandez of Grant Products in Brownsville Texas.

The Wheel came in the Grant "display" packaging advertising their products and everything on the back and such.

However i didnt get any type of receipt, and as my picture shows...the actual product doesnt match the image advertised.

Ive been busy working the past few days so maybe on Monday i will try the number for Grant given on the shipping package.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it is a knockoff hopefully Grant will go after everyone involved. The wheel with the Roush logo does look really nice. Hope you get the wheel fixed.
Robert

·
Registered
407 Posts
Grant Wheel

I just got my Grant wheel from Blue Oval. It was drop shipped from Grant and is a real high quality piece. I had the opportunity to check out a GT500 wheel and Boss wheel and IMHO this wheel is much nicer. It has really aggressive grips and just feels right in my hands. It has the perforated leather but mine has the red inserts. I'd definitely give Grant a call and complain, nobody should spend $350 on a steering wheel and not be 100% satisfied.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Good Point...Above my address there is the info for a Mario Fernandez of Grant Products in Brownsville Texas.

The Wheel came in the Grant "display" packaging advertising their products and everything on the back and such.

However i didnt get any type of receipt, and as my picture shows...the actual product doesnt match the image advertised.

Ive been busy working the past few days so maybe on Monday i will try the number for Grant given on the shipping package.
This is from Grant Steering Wheels

Grant Products de Mexico Sa. De C. V.

Avenida Uniones 2600
Parque industrial FINSA
Matamoros, Tamps, Mexico

[email protected]

The Mexico address is really close to Brownsville, TX (which is close to South Padre Island.) The Mexico address is probably a factory and the wheels must get distributed out of Brownsville, TX.

According to a google search the Fernandez guy shows to be the shipping manager for Grant Products International Inc.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Guess my hunch was correct, a little more reading and I found the following from the Grant website:

"The Matamoros factory is an ISO/ TS certified facility. In addition Grant has a Distribution Center in Brownsville, Texas and a Corporate Sales & Marketing Office in Duarte, California."

Also found a TX govt website that shows the following (link):

"Grant Products Intl CONTACT: Mario Fernandez, Manager NAICS: 3363
615 Elca Ln # C PHONE: (956) 542-2620 SALES: $2.5 Million - $5 Million
Brownsville, TX 78521-5700 DESCRIPTION: Automobile Parts & Supplies-mfrs # OF EMPLOYEES: 10 - 19
Cameron County"

If anybody else bought from Grant can you please post a pic of the box it came in and show an actual pic of the product you received, saying yours showed up perfect and looked great doesn't really help the OP.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Guess my hunch was correct, a little more reading and I found the following from the Grant website:

"The Matamoros factory is an ISO/ TS certified facility. In addition Grant has a Distribution Center in Brownsville, Texas and a Corporate Sales & Marketing Office in Duarte, California."

Also found a TX govt website that shows the following (link):

"Grant Products Intl CONTACT: Mario Fernandez, Manager NAICS: 3363
615 Elca Ln # C PHONE: (956) 542-2620 SALES: $2.5 Million - $5 Million
Brownsville, TX 78521-5700 DESCRIPTION: Automobile Parts & Supplies-mfrs # OF EMPLOYEES: 10 - 19
Cameron County"

If anybody else bought from Grant can you please post a pic of the box it came in and show an actual pic of the product you received, saying yours showed up perfect and looked great doesn't really help the OP.
Awesome Aquill! Thanks so much for the research, gives me some peace of mind...maybe it was just a faulty product where the grips werent perforated and the leather is a tad worn in spots.

Ditto about the other guy who got the wheel...If you could post some pics of the wheel (preferably before install) it would be awesome. Also, if you can find any wear on the leather...the wear spots i found is because i thoroughly looked over the wheel cuz i was just "anal" about it, and the wear spots are really minimal but im nervous about the longevity of the wheel and how those wear spots will look 5 years from now.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts